If we go by the polls of the most important issues identified by Americans, we find job creation at the top of the list, so we'll use that as our measure in today's post. Here, we'll use the BLS' monthly survey of business establishments in the U.S. to count the number of...
In response to:
You forgot all the new and old gummint workers whose salaries and bennies are far better than mine are. Virginia is now one of the wealthiest states as so many gummint workers live there high on the hog's teat, with money we supply to them through our already high taxes.
Are Americans better off than they were four years ago?" The various responses that Democratic Party politicians offered to that question dominated the political news headlines this past Labor Day weekend, so we thought we'd take a stab at answering the question today.
- Obama: I don’t watch the news because I usually already know the stuff they’re reporting Allahpundit 18 minutes ago
- Perdue grabs surprise runoff victory over Kingston in Georgia Ed Morrissey 58 minutes ago
- Putin signals total disregard for the West as rebels take down two more Ukrainian planes Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- US intel: MH17 missile an SA-11 fired from eastern Ukraine Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- White House giving up fight over Obamacare’s contraception mandate? Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Kerry arrives in Israel for cease-fire talks Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago