As the news starting pouring in about what happened in the theater this week when Satan’s spawn James Holmes donned Kevlar and a small battery of weapons and opened fire on an unsuspecting crowd, I kept thinking, “One fast-thinking and trained person who was armed/licensed with a concealed weapon...
Totally agree with this. My sons are competitive sport shooters-even the 15 yr old baby of the family. We were discussing this very thing the day of the shooting. Even his body armor wouldn't have prevented the M1911 or the SW .45 or even my little .38 from getting the jackwagon's "attention" and that's assuming the total fail of getting a head shot within 2 rounds fired. Some "dill weed" (love that) commented to me that we should just keep the guns from the criminals...no kidding? Thank you Mr. Obvious but that doesn't seem to always work....especially in countries where the good guys aren't allowed to have a gun.
I would venture to guess that the folks filing in to see the latest Batman installment in Aurora, Colorado last Thursday evening didn’t figure on over 70 of them getting shot before the credits rolled. The last count I received before filing this column was 12 dead and 59 wounded.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Rubio: Only one nation can stand up to the wave of totalitarianism Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- HHS: Why, no, we are not measuring the very metric ObamaCare was passed to improve Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Video: Meet your 2014 CPAC blogger of the year Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Carney: Why no, Obama does not regret being dismissive of Mitt Romney on Russia Erika Johnsen 8 hours ago
- Brutal: Just one in 10 uninsured who qualify for ObamaCare exchange plans has signed up Allahpundit 9 hours ago