In President Barack Obama's 2012 State of the Union address, he said that "higher education can't be a luxury. It is an economic imperative that every family in America should be able to afford." Such talk makes for political points, but there's no evidence that a college education is an economic imperative. A good part of our higher education problem, explaining its spiraling cost, is that a large percentage of students currently attending college are ill-equipped and incapable of doing real college work. They shouldn't be there wasting their own resources and those of their families and taxpayers. Let's look at...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Video: Losing Andrea Mitchell Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Boehner: Obama lawsuit will focus on Obamacare enforcement Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- Ann Coulter: Chris McDaniel’s killing his political future by contesting the Mississippi runoff results Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Watch Jake Tapper embarrass pro-Hamas attorney Noah Rothman 10 hours ago
- Joe Scarborough: Glenn Beck is following Jesus’s playbook in providing humanitarian aid to young illegals Allahpundit 11 hours ago