Last week during congressional testimony from State Department officials who were on the ground in Libya, we heard over and over again that more security for the consulate in Benghazi was requested but denied. We also heard repeatedly from Democrats, including Ranking Member of the House Oversight Committee Elijah Cummings, claiming a lack of funding was at fault for less security in Benghazi during the time of the attack on 9/11 that left four Americans dead. State Department officials said funding had nothing to do with the situation and now, Chairman Darrell Issa has revealed the State Department is sitting...
In response to:
If $2 billion was available (and true) and not used, then someone (highly placed) should be held criminally liable. What a travesty. Should never foresake security for "appearances". Yet another example of this administrations gross incompetence.
- An Orwellian War: U.S. routinely calling operations in Iraq what they are not Noah Rothman 20 mins ago
- How many people are poised to lose 2014 ObamaCare coverage? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Thousands of American troops headed to Africa to fight… Ebola? Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- WaPo editors: Say, this ISIS intervention looks a wee bit “underpowered,” no? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- ObamaCare subsidies funding abortion coverage: GAO Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago