Last week during congressional testimony from State Department officials who were on the ground in Libya, we heard over and over again that more security for the consulate in Benghazi was requested but denied. We also heard repeatedly from Democrats, including Ranking Member of the House Oversight Committee Elijah Cummings, claiming a lack of funding was at fault for less security in Benghazi during the time of the attack on 9/11 that left four Americans dead. State Department officials said funding had nothing to do with the situation and now, Chairman Darrell Issa has revealed the State Department is sitting...
In response to:
If $2 billion was available (and true) and not used, then someone (highly placed) should be held criminally liable. What a travesty. Should never foresake security for "appearances". Yet another example of this administrations gross incompetence.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- There will be nothing from the president tonight on the beheading of an American journalist Update: Statement tomorrow Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Spot the problems with these headlines: NYT edition Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Video: The day John McCain did the robot Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Poll: 82% think it should be illegal to let your nine-year-old play at the park unsupervised Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- “Heads up high”: The Cumberland Little League consolation speech Allahpundit 7 hours ago