Yesterday evening we reported the details of House Republicans' "fiscal cliff" compromise offer to the White House, which offered real ideological concessions, to the tune of $800 Billion in new revenues. The plan -- originally conceived last year by the Democratic co-chairman of the debt commission, Erskine Bowles -- also calls for the reduction of both discretionary and mandatory spending, making needed (albeit small-ball) reforms to the largest drivers of our debt. Unlike the president's risible, widely-panned proposal last week, Republicans' new negotiating posture offers genuine compromise: (a) It has bipartisan origins, (b) it achieves "balance," (c) it...
In response to:
Let us put the blame on the RINOs like Boehner for the situation....am glad to see Jim Demint, a true conservative, calling out the house leadership - Boehner, Cantor & Paul Ryan (all frauds as conservatives)! The republican proposal is not a serious one either...it is a joke! Check out Heritage foundation comments on republican proposal! Paul Ryan is one of the biggest fraud on our side...talks big when it comes to action, he is RINO (check his record). What is irritating is that Dems are at least honest about their intention...Republicans on the other hand are hypocrites! It is time for conservatives to reject the republicans & start throwing their support behind libertarians!
- John Kerry to Code Pink: If you care about women, you should want to fight ISIS Allahpundit 41 mins ago
- Poll: Republican Cory Gardner now leads Mark Udall by one in Colorado Senate race Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- The dream of a Jon Huntsman independent run in 2016 is alive and well, my friends Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Iraqi PM: Please, America, don’t send troops back to Iraq Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Rand Paul: If it was wrong not to protect the Benghazi consulate, it’s wrong not to protect the one in Kurdistan Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Vikings retreat on Peterson after sponsors, media erupt Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago