Yesterday evening we reported the details of House Republicans' "fiscal cliff" compromise offer to the White House, which offered real ideological concessions, to the tune of $800 Billion in new revenues. The plan -- originally conceived last year by the Democratic co-chairman of the debt commission, Erskine Bowles -- also calls for the reduction of both discretionary and mandatory spending, making needed (albeit small-ball) reforms to the largest drivers of our debt. Unlike the president's risible, widely-panned proposal last week, Republicans' new negotiating posture offers genuine compromise: (a) It has bipartisan origins, (b) it achieves "balance," (c) it...
In response to:
Let us put the blame on the RINOs like Boehner for the situation....am glad to see Jim Demint, a true conservative, calling out the house leadership - Boehner, Cantor & Paul Ryan (all frauds as conservatives)! The republican proposal is not a serious one either...it is a joke! Check out Heritage foundation comments on republican proposal! Paul Ryan is one of the biggest fraud on our side...talks big when it comes to action, he is RINO (check his record). What is irritating is that Dems are at least honest about their intention...Republicans on the other hand are hypocrites! It is time for conservatives to reject the republicans & start throwing their support behind libertarians!
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Kochs’ next dastardly deed: Creating good public defenders for low-income accused Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Reading the early voting tea leaves: Republicans closing the gap Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- White House to red-state Democrats: Don’t blame Precious if you lose Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- ISIS mortar shells now landing in Baghdad’s Green Zone Noah Rothman 8 hours ago
- SCOTUS to consider police searches of hotel registries Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago