Yesterday evening we reported the details of House Republicans' "fiscal cliff" compromise offer to the White House, which offered real ideological concessions, to the tune of $800 Billion in new revenues. The plan -- originally conceived last year by the Democratic co-chairman of the debt commission, Erskine Bowles -- also calls for the reduction of both discretionary and mandatory spending, making needed (albeit small-ball) reforms to the largest drivers of our debt. Unlike the president's risible, widely-panned proposal last week, Republicans' new negotiating posture offers genuine compromise: (a) It has bipartisan origins, (b) it achieves "balance," (c) it...
In response to:
Let us put the blame on the RINOs like Boehner for the situation....am glad to see Jim Demint, a true conservative, calling out the house leadership - Boehner, Cantor & Paul Ryan (all frauds as conservatives)! The republican proposal is not a serious one either...it is a joke! Check out Heritage foundation comments on republican proposal! Paul Ryan is one of the biggest fraud on our side...talks big when it comes to action, he is RINO (check his record). What is irritating is that Dems are at least honest about their intention...Republicans on the other hand are hypocrites! It is time for conservatives to reject the republicans & start throwing their support behind libertarians!
- DoJ guidelines on Obama drug-war clemency: 10 years in prison minimum Ed Morrissey 29 minutes ago
- Rand Paul on abortion: “We’re not changing any of the laws until the country is persuaded otherwise” Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Video: Feds bust prep-school drug ring Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Has al-Qaeda taken over a secret US base in Libya? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- NYT poll shows Pryor up 10 in Arkansas Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Lavrov: Russia will respond in Ukraine if interests “attacked” … like we did in 2008 Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago