We have a crisis in our schools. This is not a new revelation, but it needs to be stated regardless, particularly at the start of another academic year and at a time when America is struggling to compete in the very fields — math, science, technology — that are defining the global economy. Consider that U.S. high school students graduate with just a 32 percent proficiency...
In response to:
Ok, how much should a teacher be paid? How much to you pay to be taught about Jesus? People are willing to pay for education. But, like any marketplace, you can make a lot more if you have something people want to learn. I think, fundamentalists do not like education that does not support their fundamentals.
- Newest target of Latino media on immigration reform: Barack Obama? Allahpundit 13 minutes ago
- Pew poll: 61% of Republicans under age 30 support legalizing gay marriage Allahpundit 54 minutes ago
- Breaking: National lightbringer turns out not to be so centrist after all Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- CPAC: Evan Sayet Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Mystery deepens: Missing Malaysian jet reportedly flew hundreds of miles in the wrong direction Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- The Ed Morrissey Show: Andrew Malcolm, Melissa Henson Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago