We have a crisis in our schools. This is not a new revelation, but it needs to be stated regardless, particularly at the start of another academic year and at a time when America is struggling to compete in the very fields — math, science, technology — that are defining the global economy. Consider that U.S. high school students graduate with just a 32 percent proficiency...
In response to:
Are you kidding? Yoiu think $40K a year is well??? Ok, how much should a teacher be paid? How much to you pay to be taught about Jesus? People are willing to pay for education. But, like any marketplace, you can make a lot more if you have something people want to learn.
- This HHS official’s resignation letter says everything you’ve ever thought about bureaucracy Mary Katharine Ham 31 minutes ago
- Venezuelan official: John Kerry is a “murderer” and these protests are pretty much all his fault Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Sarah Palin to launch “Rogue TV” Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Jay Carney leaving the White House? Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Ramirez on Attkisson’s departure Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Here we go: Obama now reviewing deportation policy after pressure from immigration activists Allahpundit 3 hours ago