In response to:
Average response time for 911 is 15 minutes....... average response time for a .357 hollowpoint is 1,400 feet per second.
When seconds count, the cops are minutes away or...they put you hold. A Washington DC woman was recently the victim of a home invasion and when she called the police for help, the 911 operator made her wait. As a reminder, the average crime happens in one minute.
Kathleen Burke says she initially heard a recorded hold message when she called, right after fighting off the intruder and chasing him out of the house.It's not clear what happened with the 911 call. Burke tells NBC 4 that she contacted D.C. Council Chairman Phil Mendelson and Ward 4...
Breaking on TOWNHALL
- Intel and military sources: We could have hit “Khorasan” in June Ed Morrissey 22 mins ago
- Sources: DOJ won’t file civil-rights charges against George Zimmerman for shooting Trayvon Martin Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Panetta memoir blames Obama for collapse in Iraq Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- 80 people being monitored in Dallas area for Ebola; Update: 100? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- White House: No plans to block flights from ebola countries Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Fox poll shows majority of likely voters support ground troops against ISIS Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago