California has been at the forefront of ObamaCare implementation, but state lawmakers are facing a major obstacle: There aren’t enough doctors in the state to treat the expected influx of newly-insured patients.
A government council has recommended a physician-to-population ratio of 60 to 80 primary care doctors per 100,000 residents. Only 16 of California’s 58 counties reach this recommended supply of primary care physicians.
With ObamaCare, it’s only going to get worse.
- NYT: Daniel Inouye was the senator who told Kirsten Gillibrand that he likes his girls chubby Allahpundit 33 mins ago
- Blair: The West had better not rule out ground troops Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Among us: Officials confirm American ISIS fighters have returned to United States Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Buzzfeed finds more lifted text in Mary Burke’s campaign; Update: Burke: Hey, no biggie Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Will the press find Panetta and Clinton’s pangs of conscience as compelling as Colin Powell’s? Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- “F*** it, I quit”: Alaska reporter resigns on air after revealing she runs the cannabis club she just reported on Allahpundit 3 hours ago