The honest answer is that it probably means nothing. I don’t think there’s been an election in my lifetime that was impacted by the second person on a presidential ticket.
And a quick look at Intrade.com shows that Ryan’s selection hasn’t (at least yet) moved the needle. Obama is still in the high 50s.
Moreover, the person who becomes Vice President usually plays only a minor role in Administration policy.
With those caveats out of the way, the Ryan pick is mostly good news.
Here are the reasons why I’m happy.
Breaking on TOWNHALL
- GAO investigation: Why, yes, the Healthcare.gov disaster was the result of terrible government management Allahpundit 38 minutes ago
- Rand Paul calls out MSNBC… on MSNBC Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Ted Cruz meeting with House conservatives to try to block Boehner’s border crisis bill Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Liberal interventionists silent on ISIS’s medieval brutality Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- U.S. sends subtle shot at the United Nations over complicity in Gaza violence Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Polls show Israel in lockstep with Netanyahu on Gaza war Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago