The honest answer is that it probably means nothing. I don’t think there’s been an election in my lifetime that was impacted by the second person on a presidential ticket.
And a quick look at Intrade.com shows that Ryan’s selection hasn’t (at least yet) moved the needle. Obama is still in the high 50s.
Moreover, the person who becomes Vice President usually plays only a minor role in Administration policy.
With those caveats out of the way, the Ryan pick is mostly good news.
Here are the reasons why I’m happy.
Breaking on TOWNHALL
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Priorities: Germany bans Uber, ride-sharing services Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Breaking: Obama approves sending 350 more troops back into Baghdad Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- ESPN poll: 71% support team keeping “Redskins” name — including 53% of liberals Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Brutal Ad: Mary Landrieu’s tireless representation of her true home town Guy Benson 6 hours ago
- Chris Christie thinks Putin wouldn’t test him like he does Obama, and that’s driving liberals nuts Noah Rothman 7 hours ago