The honest answer is that it probably means nothing. I don’t think there’s been an election in my lifetime that was impacted by the second person on a presidential ticket.
And a quick look at Intrade.com shows that Ryan’s selection hasn’t (at least yet) moved the needle. Obama is still in the high 50s.
Moreover, the person who becomes Vice President usually plays only a minor role in Administration policy.
With those caveats out of the way, the Ryan pick is mostly good news.
Here are the reasons why I’m happy.
- Coercive fines, national security, and the Death Star Ed Morrissey 11 mins ago
- McCain to Rand Paul: Have you ever been to Syria and met with ISIS like I have? Allahpundit 52 mins ago
- Sure sounds like Mike Huckabee is thinking of running for president Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Video: Ukraine parliament approves EU pact, eastern autonomy as fighting continues Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Tuesday TEMS: Andrew Malcolm, Ron Fournier, Aaron Klein, Fr. Bill Miscamble Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Great news: On taxes, the US beats France, Portugal, and … that’s about it Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago