The honest answer is that it probably means nothing. I don’t think there’s been an election in my lifetime that was impacted by the second person on a presidential ticket.
And a quick look at Intrade.com shows that Ryan’s selection hasn’t (at least yet) moved the needle. Obama is still in the high 50s.
Moreover, the person who becomes Vice President usually plays only a minor role in Administration policy.
With those caveats out of the way, the Ryan pick is mostly good news.
Here are the reasons why I’m happy.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Twitter blocks petition supporting Houston pastors Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Breaking: New White House fence-jumper taken down by K9s, apprehended Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Debbie Wasserman Schultz: Barack who? Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- What election? Network news gives up on covering midterms Noah Rothman 8 hours ago
- Could Oregon’s First Lady sink the Governor next month? Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago