The honest answer is that it probably means nothing. I don’t think there’s been an election in my lifetime that was impacted by the second person on a presidential ticket.
And a quick look at Intrade.com shows that Ryan’s selection hasn’t (at least yet) moved the needle. Obama is still in the high 50s.
Moreover, the person who becomes Vice President usually plays only a minor role in Administration policy.
With those caveats out of the way, the Ryan pick is mostly good news.
Here are the reasons why I’m happy.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 52 mins ago
- Meet the laywers defending “campus rapists” Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Iran executes 967th person under Hassan Rouhani. And it’s a woman Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Chris McDaniel appeal rejected in state supreme court Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Video: Palin-bashing CNN anchor claimed Michelle Obama signed bill into law Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Everything is changing after Ferguson, and it should Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago