The honest answer is that it probably means nothing. I don’t think there’s been an election in my lifetime that was impacted by the second person on a presidential ticket.
And a quick look at Intrade.com shows that Ryan’s selection hasn’t (at least yet) moved the needle. Obama is still in the high 50s.
Moreover, the person who becomes Vice President usually plays only a minor role in Administration policy.
With those caveats out of the way, the Ryan pick is mostly good news.
Here are the reasons why I’m happy.
Breaking on TOWNHALL
- Income-inequality warrior to earn $225,000 per year for doing nothing in particular about income inequality Allahpundit 38 minutes ago
- Is Kickstarter kicking out pro-life projects? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Oh, good: Obama to announce more faux stimulus with $600 million for job training Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- New study shows casual pot use connected to brain abnormalities Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Minnesota to outsource ObamaCare exchange management to private sector Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Kansas Dems reportedly trying to recruit … Kathleen Sebelius for Senate Allahpundit 3 hours ago