During his campaign for re-election, don't expect Barack Obama to bring up the national debt. By the time Americans are voting, Obama will have added more than $5.5 trillion of red ink during his first term in office – an increase of more than 50% beyond the total debt accumulated by the previous 43 presidents in over 200 years.
Rather than alarmed by the debt, Obama's budget would put America on a glide path to accumulate an additional $10 trillion of debt over just the next decade, and that is undoubtedly a grossly underestimated prediction.
- How many times does Josh Earnest have to say ‘strategy’ before you forget yesterday? Noah Rothman 50 mins ago
- ISIS has shocked America back to its senses Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Surprise coming in MA gubernatorial race? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- America has no strategy, but ISIS does: Biological terrorism Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- More non-existent voter fraud tuns up in Virginia Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- AFP Defending the Dream Summit: Day 1 Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago