During his campaign for re-election, don't expect Barack Obama to bring up the national debt. By the time Americans are voting, Obama will have added more than $5.5 trillion of red ink during his first term in office – an increase of more than 50% beyond the total debt accumulated by the previous 43 presidents in over 200 years.
Rather than alarmed by the debt, Obama's budget would put America on a glide path to accumulate an additional $10 trillion of debt over just the next decade, and that is undoubtedly a grossly underestimated prediction.
- WSJ: Obama will require military to get his personal approval for U.S. strikes in Syria Allahpundit 30 mins ago
- Video: Scotland goes to the polls on independence Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Chaffetz to DHS Secretary: Did you hear the one about the four suspected terrorists who tried to walk across the border? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- The left’s war on football Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Does the Left really reject Hillary? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Australian raids net more than a dozen terror suspects before planned wave of attacks Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago