During his campaign for re-election, don't expect Barack Obama to bring up the national debt. By the time Americans are voting, Obama will have added more than $5.5 trillion of red ink during his first term in office – an increase of more than 50% beyond the total debt accumulated by the previous 43 presidents in over 200 years.
Rather than alarmed by the debt, Obama's budget would put America on a glide path to accumulate an additional $10 trillion of debt over just the next decade, and that is undoubtedly a grossly underestimated prediction.
Breaking on TOWNHALL
- Lerner, DoJ discussed criminal prosecution of tax-exempt applicants Ed Morrissey 28 minutes ago
- Video: Ukrainian forces advancing in east as showdown nears Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Detroit cuts deal with retired first responders on pensions Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Video: Did we miss the al-Qaeda convention? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Bloomberg to spend $50 million to “outmuscle” the NRA Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago