Sorry, I typed too fast I think you get the ghist.
As a biographer of Ronald Reagan, I’m constantly asked to compare today’s fiscal/economic situation to what Reagan faced in the 1980s. Today’s record debt/deficits remind of the 1980s, though today’s are far worse, with the deficit at least six times as high—and debt-to-GDP and deficit-to-GDP ratios two and three times (respectively) higher. The current economy is the worst since the early 1980s, with a prolonged non-recovering "recovery” older still. By 1984, the Reagan recovery was not just in bloom but exploding, with dramatically improved unemployment and
- Russian ambassador: We’re making it easier for Latvian ethnic Russians to get citizenship Ed Morrissey 4 minutes ago
- Let the primaries begin: Rand Paul, Ted Cruz battle over foreign policy Allahpundit 44 minutes ago
- True Detective finale: greatest miniseries end ever? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- CPAC: Winners, losers, or just a debate? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Senate Democrats plan all-night global-warming talkathon in support of … er … Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Video: Mystery of Flight 370 deepens Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago