Sorry, I typed too fast I think you get the ghist.
As a biographer of Ronald Reagan, I’m constantly asked to compare today’s fiscal/economic situation to what Reagan faced in the 1980s. Today’s record debt/deficits remind of the 1980s, though today’s are far worse, with the deficit at least six times as high—and debt-to-GDP and deficit-to-GDP ratios two and three times (respectively) higher. The current economy is the worst since the early 1980s, with a prolonged non-recovering "recovery” older still. By 1984, the Reagan recovery was not just in bloom but exploding, with dramatically improved unemployment and
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Sally Kohn: How can Israel supporters argue the IDF’s violence is justified, but Hamas’ isn’t? Guy Benson 3 hours ago
- Most transparent administration ever closes Apollo 11 anniversary event to press Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Chuck Schumer: What say we have fully open primaries from now on? Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Univision anchor: No government should be in the business of deporting children Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Florida dad who beat son’s alleged molester to a pulp: I went to get a butcher knife to finish him off Allahpundit 6 hours ago