I actually doubt even those numbers I remember when two young mid life homeless men freeze to death in the woods here in a really small town of tops 14,000 people. I complained with so many religious houses how can two people be be left to camp in the woods in a frigid winter and the sweltering summer. All I heard was the same, how sad and shocking. Shocking? isn't anyone keeping count? One. pastor I read did attempt to keep track. I have since learned we have a homeless families camp behind the woods near a walmart. Great Job MR Dictator. Keeping most of America in the dark about your true legacy. But we may never know to what extent how bad it really is.
As a biographer of Ronald Reagan, I’m constantly asked to compare today’s fiscal/economic situation to what Reagan faced in the 1980s. Today’s record debt/deficits remind of the 1980s, though today’s are far worse, with the deficit at least six times as high—and debt-to-GDP and deficit-to-GDP ratios two and three times (respectively) higher. The current economy is the worst since the early 1980s, with a prolonged non-recovering "recovery” older still. By 1984, the Reagan recovery was not just in bloom but exploding, with dramatically improved unemployment and
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Video: President shops at Gap same day his party loses bellwether election in swing state Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Sheila Jackson Lee: We’ve lasted some 400 years operating under the Constitution… Erika Johnsen 8 hours ago
- Sebelius: Why, no, we have no idea who’s paid for their ObamaCare plans Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- Tesla: Chris Christie’s administration just blocked us from selling our cars in New Jersey Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Obama to Putin: It’s not too late to rethink this Crimea thing, you know Allahpundit 10 hours ago