I actually doubt even those numbers I remember when two young mid life homeless men freeze to death in the woods here in a really small town of tops 14,000 people. I complained with so many religious houses how can two people be be left to camp in the woods in a frigid winter and the sweltering summer. All I heard was the same, how sad and shocking. Shocking? isn't anyone keeping count? One. pastor I read did attempt to keep track. I have since learned we have a homeless families camp behind the woods near a walmart. Great Job MR Dictator. Keeping most of America in the dark about your true legacy. But we may never know to what extent how bad it really is.
As a biographer of Ronald Reagan, I’m constantly asked to compare today’s fiscal/economic situation to what Reagan faced in the 1980s. Today’s record debt/deficits remind of the 1980s, though today’s are far worse, with the deficit at least six times as high—and debt-to-GDP and deficit-to-GDP ratios two and three times (respectively) higher. The current economy is the worst since the early 1980s, with a prolonged non-recovering "recovery” older still. By 1984, the Reagan recovery was not just in bloom but exploding, with dramatically improved unemployment and
- Congressman Bob Goodlattte assures us that there is no impeachment in the offing Jazz Shaw 32 minutes ago
- The border crisis isn’t Obama’s Katrina – it’s worse Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Uh oh: Moscow claims Ukraine attack inside Russian territory killed civilians Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- The Lerner Files: “smidgens upon smidgens” of corruption Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Afghan interpreters who aided US in danger of being left behind Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 13:1–23 Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago