Here's my question: Why are the horrors of Nazism so well-known and widely condemned but not those of socialism and communism? What goes untaught -- and possibly is covered up -- is that socialist and communist ideas have produced the greatest evil in mankind's history. You say, "Williams, what in the world are you talking about? Socialists, communists and their fellow...
Because Nazism is attributed directly to, and only to, Hitler and his immediate cronies. The rationale is that Nazism must be a once-in-human-history occurance. It is not. It is no different than any other tyrant in history on any continent in any country. Nazism is looked upon as Hitler's personal brand of insanity that somehow allowed him to hoodwink the German people, and many rich and powerful American admirers. His ideology was socialist. His and his czar's vision of their place in the world evolved as their influence and power grew. It got easier and easier for them to take complete control of every aspect of German life. It didn't happen over night, or with one election, one set of laws. Frogs in the boiling pot.
In Europe, especially in Germany, hoisting a swastika-emblazoned Nazi flag is a crime. For decades after World War II, people have hunted down and sought punishment for Nazi murderers, who were responsible for the deaths of more than 20 million people.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014