Here's my question: Why are the horrors of Nazism so well-known and widely condemned but not those of socialism and communism? What goes untaught -- and possibly is covered up -- is that socialist and communist ideas have produced the greatest evil in mankind's history. You say, "Williams, what in the world are you talking about? Socialists, communists and their fellow...
Because Nazism is attributed directly to, and only to, Hitler and his immediate cronies. The rationale is that Nazism must be a once-in-human-history occurance. It is not. It is no different than any other tyrant in history on any continent in any country. Nazism is looked upon as Hitler's personal brand of insanity that somehow allowed him to hoodwink the German people, and many rich and powerful American admirers. His ideology was socialist. His and his czar's vision of their place in the world evolved as their influence and power grew. It got easier and easier for them to take complete control of every aspect of German life. It didn't happen over night, or with one election, one set of laws. Frogs in the boiling pot.
In Europe, especially in Germany, hoisting a swastika-emblazoned Nazi flag is a crime. For decades after World War II, people have hunted down and sought punishment for Nazi murderers, who were responsible for the deaths of more than 20 million people.
- Snowden: I asked Putin that softball question on surveillance to start a public debate in Russia Allahpundit 52 minutes ago
- The Obama admin is delaying the Keystone XL review process through the election. Yes, again. Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Rubio on immigration: I think Republicans have reached a point of “irreconcilable differences” with Obama Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Report: Energy production on federal lands is still declining Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- Maybe Democrats should be more worried about their own billionaire allies Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Boehner reassures GOP donors: I’m “hellbent” on passing immigration reform this year Allahpundit 5 hours ago