What if the couple wants a girl and finds out that the baby is a boy? It probably wouldn't be the first time that an abortion was performed because the baby was the wrong sex.
If you mean the amendment that established election of senators by the people, it was the 17th amendment. The 16th amendment established the federal income tax.
I find Mr. Salazar's use of the term "Native American" very offensive because he excludes the millions of us natives that were born here and do not have American Indian ancestry.

Cheap Politicians

Pat5315 Wrote: Sep 10, 2014 10:18 AM
You might be right that we pay our government officials more than they could make in the outside world. Dr. Sowell's point is we want to attract those that can make more in the outside world because we want their talents.

A 'Right' to Recline?

Pat5315 Wrote: Sep 04, 2014 10:54 AM
I agree. I've never had a problem with people who recline their seat in front of me. It doesn't recline enough to allow the person to "sit in my lap" as someone else mentioned here. I'm about 6 feet tall and I've never had anyone slam the seat into my knees. Of course, I'm one of those few people who sits back in the seat instead of leaning forward to look at a computer screen. I think the problem stems from everybody who has decided that he has a right to set up his laptop on the meal tray and the reclining seat interferes with it. Yes, I do recline my seat. I have to. Sitting totally upright for long periods aggravates a back condition I have. Reclining the four or five inches allotted to me alleviates the pain.

Pharisees and Pharaohs

Pat5315 Wrote: Sep 04, 2014 10:33 AM
Mine has an "I'm Proud of My Eagle Scout" sticker.

Things I Don't Understand

Pat5315 Wrote: Sep 03, 2014 9:17 AM
No. The main reason for warning labels is to avoid lawsuits. Remember the hot coffee incident at McDonalds back in the 1990s?

The 20 Best Quotes From Greg Gutfeld

Pat5315 Wrote: Sep 02, 2014 9:15 AM
There are six regular hosts, but only five appear on the show at one time.

The Great Racial Disconnect on Police

Pat5315 Wrote: Aug 20, 2014 9:45 AM
Ben Shapiro is not a journalist. He is a columnist. Two different professions. A journalist is supposed to provide an objective report of the events without offering opinions. A columnist is supposed to offer opinions about events. Of course, I understand the confusion. Many so-called journalists often inject their opinions into their work.
If it makes money through advertising or enough people purchase it to make it profitable, then it wasn't a waste of time or energy. It means that someone identified a niche market, provided a product and then profited from it. Sounds like capitalism to me.