The Great Racial Disconnect on Police

Pat5315 Wrote: Aug 20, 2014 9:45 AM
Ben Shapiro is not a journalist. He is a columnist. Two different professions. A journalist is supposed to provide an objective report of the events without offering opinions. A columnist is supposed to offer opinions about events. Of course, I understand the confusion. Many so-called journalists often inject their opinions into their work.
If it makes money through advertising or enough people purchase it to make it profitable, then it wasn't a waste of time or energy. It means that someone identified a niche market, provided a product and then profited from it. Sounds like capitalism to me.

Women Ordered to Stop Praying Inside Mall

Pat5315 Wrote: Aug 06, 2014 9:42 AM
If you own a home, you pay property taxes. Which means the government is involved. Does this mean your home is now licensed for public use? You do not lose private property rights simply because you have to pay the government in order to run a business or own your home.

Women Ordered to Stop Praying Inside Mall

Pat5315 Wrote: Aug 06, 2014 9:39 AM
For the record, I do believe that this is a stupid rule. As long as they are not interfering with business, impeding foot traffic, or causing a disturbance, the mall really has no valid reason for prohibiting this type of activity.

Women Ordered to Stop Praying Inside Mall

Pat5315 Wrote: Aug 06, 2014 9:35 AM
I have no idea why they hate the first amendment. However, this is not a first amendment issue. It says that congress shall make no law restricting the free exercise of religion. It places no such restrictions on private parties.

Oh Goody: The IRS Fairness Brigade!

Pat5315 Wrote: Aug 06, 2014 9:05 AM
I've always liked the idea of the fair tax. The problem is that I don't trust the government. Sooner or later, the government will decide that revenue from the fair tax is not enough and will start taxing income, capital gains, and everything else that they tax now. So, not only will we have the taxes now, we will have a national sales tax on top of it.

DC Defines Pepper Spray as a Firearm

Pat5315 Wrote: Aug 04, 2014 9:43 AM
Why not just make it illegal to use pepper spray in the commission of a crime? After all, history has shown that making it illegal to own guns has ended all gun violence because criminals don't violate gun laws. So, obviously shoplifters won't illegally own or use pepper spray.

Here Come the Indian Mascot Killers

Pat5315 Wrote: Jul 25, 2014 9:22 AM
I've always been offended by the term "Native American" because it excludes millions of people who were born in this country. After all, to be a native somewhere you just need to be born there. I was born in America. One thing that I found interesting is that when I was travelling out west I listened to a lot of American Indian radio stations. I never heard one of them use the term Native American. However, I constantly heard the term "American Indian."
Freebies???? I'm sorry, but these men and women earned those "freebies." And exactly what has our military become? All of the military personnel I know are very fine examples of what citizens of this country should be. I never served, but I am a military brat. My father served for 27 years and I spent most of my time overseas in Asia and Europe while growing up during the Vietnam and the Cold War era.

Teacher Union Head Gets Failing Grade

Pat5315 Wrote: Jul 16, 2014 11:18 AM
I have just one nit to pick with this column. Massachusetts is the "Bay State." Maryland is the "Free State" or "Old Line State."