It’s Time To Kill The ‘Lame Duck’

Pat5315 Wrote: Dec 15, 2014 8:54 AM
Be careful what you wish for. A constitutional convention can also nullify the entire Constitution. God help us if two-thirds of the state legislatures are ever taken over by liberals and they decide as a group to "fix" what they perceive is wrong with the Constitution.

An Arab Prince Denounces Islamism

Pat5315 Wrote: Dec 12, 2014 9:20 AM
Where do you get the 4 to 1 number? There are about 2 billion Christians in the world and 1.8 billion Muslims. Add the number of Non-Christians to the number and Muslims are outnumbered 4 to 1. According to a 2012 Pew Research Center study, Muslims make up a little over 23% of the world population.

The Man Hating Media

Pat5315 Wrote: Dec 12, 2014 8:51 AM
There are a couple of things about the narrative that I don't understand. 1) The 1 in 5 statistic is hard to believe. I recently read that there are 10 million female college students. That means that 2 million have been raped or sexually assaulted. I'm guessing that the bar for sexual assault in whatever study came up with this number was very low. 2) Are fraternities only made up of conservative white males? It seems to me that is the assumption made by this narrative. Somehow, I doubt that all fraternity members are conservative and white.

Obama Flips Blacks on Backs

Pat5315 Wrote: Nov 24, 2014 9:53 AM
Where is John Hopkins University? We have a Johns Hopkins University here in Baltimore, Maryland, but I've never heard of this John Hopkins University mentioned in this column. (Sorry, I know it's petty, but it annoys me when people drop the 's' from "Johns." The funny thing is that I've met people who work there that drop the 's'. You would think that at least they could get it right.)
I wouldn't want a Republican president to rule by the pen. However, I wouldn't have a problem with one undoing everything that President Obama has done with his pen. Any executive order made by one president can just as easily be undone by another president in the same manner. That is the problem with things that are done by executive order rather than legislation.

For Veterans Day -- Tomb of the Unknowns

Pat5315 Wrote: Nov 07, 2014 4:01 PM
Amen.

Goodbye Retail Associates, Hello Robots

Pat5315 Wrote: Oct 31, 2014 11:56 AM
Good article. Just one nit to pick about the following. "Robots do not complain, they show up on time, they want to help, they don't ask for overtime, and they do not need medical insurance, Social Security, or pensions." Actually, the robots don't "want to help." They don't "want" to do anything. They don't feel anything either. They are machines. They do what they are designed to do.
At least Mr. Maher is consistent. He hates all religion. You'll notice that none of the students objected to his bashing of Catholics and other Christians.

Kyle’s Extra Credit Assignment

Pat5315 Wrote: Oct 24, 2014 3:43 PM
I suspect that your children did the original work that was required of them in addition to the extra credit opportunities that the teacher offered. Kyle, on the other hand, was probably asking for the extra credit work in order to salvage his grade because he was not doing the required work.

Max Allen: Chief Divisiveness Officer

Pat5315 Wrote: Oct 20, 2014 10:48 AM
"I think someone who is very much able to communicate across all lines, whether you are talking about a chancellor or a grounds crew or you are talking about someone out in the community, so someone that can communicate well." Prof. Adams called this a run-on sentence. Is it even a sentence?