President Obama and Governor Romney battled to a draw on foreign policy points tonight, with each candidate scoring on several lines. As expected, the discussion meandered into domestic policy for a large portion of the evening, and both men came prepared with a flurry of talking points. Romney needed to strike casual viewers are informed, poised, and plausible as president. He accomplished that task, without question. The president often seemed like the aggressor, hammering his challenger in almost every answer he gave. Romney coolly chided Obama, explaining that attacking him (especially dishonestly) doesn't advance any solutions. The candidates found themselves...
In response to:
As I recall, the CBS poll called the last debate a win for Obama, too, but the polls kept changing in Romney's favor. This one will not be over until it's over.
- CNN: Obama approval holding steady … at 42% Ed Morrissey 28 minutes ago
- Uh oh: Democratic senator from Montana accused of plagiarism in Army War College assignment Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Obama orders American ‘military advisors’ to support Ukraine against pro-Russian rebels Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- “Gas the Jews”: Supporters of Hamas run riot in French city, smash Jewish shops Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Investigation reveals Obamacare is a fraudster’s dream come true Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Ukraine rebel leader: Yeah, we had a BUK system — and sent it back to Russia Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago