President Obama and Governor Romney battled to a draw on foreign policy points tonight, with each candidate scoring on several lines. As expected, the discussion meandered into domestic policy for a large portion of the evening, and both men came prepared with a flurry of talking points. Romney needed to strike casual viewers are informed, poised, and plausible as president. He accomplished that task, without question. The president often seemed like the aggressor, hammering his challenger in almost every answer he gave. Romney coolly chided Obama, explaining that attacking him (especially dishonestly) doesn't advance any solutions. The candidates found themselves...
In response to:
As I recall, the CBS poll called the last debate a win for Obama, too, but the polls kept changing in Romney's favor. This one will not be over until it's over.
- TEMS Thursday: Duane Patterson, Alexandra Jaffe, Eliana Johnson Ed Morrissey 10 mins ago
- Politics of man who sought to firebomb black congressman’s office won’t surprise you Noah Rothman 20 mins ago
- Poll showing GOP favorability nearly even with Dems met with furious spinning Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Wow: 62% of Republicans support sending ground troops into Iraq and Syria Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Video: AQ’s competition with ISIS means renewed focus on hitting US Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- The GOP comes roaring back in Colorado Noah Rothman 3 hours ago