Sorry, Hooverville, but I found Obama's snarky comments on that subject just a bit moronic as well. If he expects our Navy to be able to respond to events anywhere in the world with just over 200 ships, he's been smoking too much of something. If you look at China's growing Navy and their increasing aggression in the Pacific, especially the South China Sea, it is evident to anyone, as Romney was trying to say, that our Naval fleet is woefully undersized to be effective in the world we now inhabit. It is also smaller than the Navy believes it should be, and they are the ones who have to deal with the threats. 200 ships for the entire Pacific Ocean is a bit short, I would say.
This is a picture of US Special Operations Forces riding horses into Afghanistan in 2001. Contrary to the President's snide comments last night, sometimes horses in fact still play an important role in the military -- and their work in Afghanistan will be commemorated with a
- Next co-host of “The View”: Meghan McCain? Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- ObamaCare premiums in MN heading for double-digit increases? Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago
- Finally: Obama nominated for his first Emmy Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- IRS employee suspended for urging taxpayers to ‘reelect President Obama’ Noah Rothman 8 hours ago
- TEMS Thursday: Duane Patterson, Shannon Goessling, Kurt Schlichter Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago
- Video: Unhinged pro-abortion protester knows little about human biology … or criminal law Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago