Sorry, Hooverville, but I found Obama's snarky comments on that subject just a bit moronic as well. If he expects our Navy to be able to respond to events anywhere in the world with just over 200 ships, he's been smoking too much of something. If you look at China's growing Navy and their increasing aggression in the Pacific, especially the South China Sea, it is evident to anyone, as Romney was trying to say, that our Naval fleet is woefully undersized to be effective in the world we now inhabit. It is also smaller than the Navy believes it should be, and they are the ones who have to deal with the threats. 200 ships for the entire Pacific Ocean is a bit short, I would say.
This is a picture of US Special Operations Forces riding horses into Afghanistan in 2001. Contrary to the President's snide comments last night, sometimes horses in fact still play an important role in the military -- and their work in Afghanistan will be commemorated with a
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Kochs’ next dastardly deed: Creating good public defenders for low-income accused Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Reading the early voting tea leaves: Republicans closing the gap Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- White House to red-state Democrats: Don’t blame Precious if you lose Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- ISIS mortar shells now landing in Baghdad’s Green Zone Noah Rothman 6 hours ago
- SCOTUS to consider police searches of hotel registries Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago