Alas, we still have Rick Santorum saying Obamacare is the same as what he calls "Romneycare"; the otherwise brilliant Mickey Kaus sniffing that if states can mandate insurance purchases, then we're "not talking about some basic individual liberty to not purchase stuff" (no, just the nation's founding document, which protects "basic individual liberties" by putting constraints on Congress); and the former law professor, Barack Obama, alleging that a "good example" of judicial activism would be the Supreme Court (in his...
In response to:
Like Bush did to the Taliban? Really? Don't you mean Clinton? The Taliban was already in control of Afghanistan and harboring Al Qaeda by the time Bush took office. (I'm not serious about Clinton making enemies with the Taliban, because I don't live in an alternate reality)
The reason tea partiers carried signs saying "Read the Constitution!" was that we were hoping people would read the Constitution.
- Congressman Bob Goodlattte assures us that there is no impeachment in the offing Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- The border crisis isn’t Obama’s Katrina – it’s worse Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Uh oh: Moscow claims Ukraine attack inside Russian territory killed civilians Noah Rothman 4 hours ago
- The Lerner Files: “smidgens upon smidgens” of corruption Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Afghan interpreters who aided US in danger of being left behind Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 13:1–23 Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago