It is an axiom in the insurance business that insurance is not bought but sold. In 1935 Franklin Roosevelt sold Congress and Congress sold the U. S. the Social Security Act, the biggest, most comprehensive, most expensive mass insurance policy ever written. Since then its purchasers, the nation's taxpayers, have had occasion to read their policy carefully and, if they have detected no outright jokers, their reaction has been such that practically every politician in the U. S. from Franklin Roosevelt down has put revision of Social Security at the top of his must list.- Pie from the Sky Time Magazine,...
Exactly! Question. Is anyone else having trouble with their internet connection when going to conservative websites? And ONLY conservative websites? I have been for months now. At first, I really didn't pay attention, but now it's too obvious. I have learned to quickly copy/paste articles I want to read, and take action on, because I now know, I'll be cut out. It's gone on too long to be coincidence. I even get cut off of Townhall.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Will 2014 be the year that Jews support the GOP? Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago
- Flashpoint Hong Kong: China rules out democracy for the former British territory Noah Rothman 10 hours ago
- Your tax dollars at work: PBS to air pro-abortion “After Tiller” movie tomorrow Dustin Siggins 12 hours ago
- NFL Regular Season open thread Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago
- Et tu, Di Fi? Feinstein sours on Obama’s ‘too cautious’ approach to ISIS Noah Rothman 15 hours ago