It is an axiom in the insurance business that insurance is not bought but sold. In 1935 Franklin Roosevelt sold Congress and Congress sold the U. S. the Social Security Act, the biggest, most comprehensive, most expensive mass insurance policy ever written. Since then its purchasers, the nation's taxpayers, have had occasion to read their policy carefully and, if they have detected no outright jokers, their reaction has been such that practically every politician in the U. S. from Franklin Roosevelt down has put revision of Social Security at the top of his must list.- Pie from the Sky Time Magazine,...
Exactly! Question. Is anyone else having trouble with their internet connection when going to conservative websites? And ONLY conservative websites? I have been for months now. At first, I really didn't pay attention, but now it's too obvious. I have learned to quickly copy/paste articles I want to read, and take action on, because I now know, I'll be cut out. It's gone on too long to be coincidence. I even get cut off of Townhall.
- Super: NASA’s asteroid avoidance program is on par with the rest of the federal government Mary Katharine Ham 51 mins ago
- Adrian Peterson: “I am, without a doubt, not a child abuser.” Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Video: Florida mom arrested, charged with child neglect for letting her seven-year-old have a sip of whiskey Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Officer in Daniele Watts handcuff incident was responding to a call Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Friendly reminder: Republicans could absolutely fail to win the Senate Guy Benson 3 hours ago
- Question for new “View” co-host Nicolle Wallace: When did you just want to pop Palin? Allahpundit 4 hours ago