We have a crisis in our schools. This is not a new revelation, but it needs to be stated regardless, particularly at the start of another academic year and at a time when America is struggling to compete in the very fields — math, science, technology — that are defining the global economy. Consider that U.S. high school students graduate with just a 32 percent proficiency...
In response to:
I am in a technical profession. several years ago, I left it to answer the call for math teachers. What i learned is that high schools students can't multiply/divide or use fractions. We don't need better paid math teachers we need better parents. Additionally, to save America we need to increase the achieve gap. Right now the push is to lower the high achievers because low achievers don;t care. The smart motivated kids are being short changed. How many people work for someone who had an IEP versus someone who took AP classes.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Video: How does the president’s tone help solve the problem? Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Obama’s law professor: There’s a “very high risk” that a federal court is going to gut ObamaCare Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- This is CNN: White gay man and black woman argue over who is ‘stealing’ the other’s culture Noah Rothman 7 hours ago
- Palin makes the case for impeaching Obama Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Video: Megyn Kelly vs. Nancy Pelosi on the Hobby Lobby ruling Allahpundit 8 hours ago