1 - 6

Terror and Safety

pastordo Wrote: Jun 13, 2013 2:55 PM
Stossel says he isn't that worked up about this violation of the 4th Amendment because his "privacy is already blown." It is true that Google, FB, Twitter, Yahoo and the like are 'data mining' us now. I am uncomfortable about this but not outraged. However what does outrage and frighten me is the government having access and effective control of these activities! FB is a business. Google is a business. They are pretty clear in spelling out why they data mine you, and you can get out from under that monitor if you really want to. However, the Feds are secretive, their motives and results are questionable, and unless you unplug completely, i.e not even have a battery in your cell phone, you can't get out from under their eyes! I've been told, for example, that hey, what's the big deal. FB already knows all about you. I can live with that. But when the Fed effectively hijacks FB knowledge of me on a continual basis (or google, yahoo, e-mail providers etc.) I get VERY nervous. Businesses, in order to remain successful, will simply follow the market you 'provide' with the info they collect. Government has too many special interests, socialist planners, and proven deceivers in high places for me, OR ANYONE ELSE to be comfortable with this for the only market these kind of government people are looking for is the market of POWER and CONTROL over others. And THAT I find hard to abide and intend to fight against!

Is America an Idiocracy?

pastordo Wrote: Jan 16, 2013 12:46 PM
After reading this I am very glad my 20 something son has watched exactly 0 of the programs mentioned. Perhaps having home schooled him has turned him into an anachronism, but he is certainly better off for having not consumed these things. He doesn't read as much as I do or did, but he does stay informed and he and I can actually intelligently discuss history, music, politics, religion and current events. Believe me it wasn't because me or his mother were super teachers, and I'm certainly not tooting my horn. But I am tooting the horn towards more home schooling, especially Christian home schooling, as both better and safer than public schooling.

Newtown, and a New America

pastordo Wrote: Dec 24, 2012 9:08 AM
"Men need to stand up and be heads of households once more," is a great sentiment. However men who want to do this face far more obstacles today than 50 years ago. The media, the education system, the general culture and the current legal structure all oppose the idea of a "two-parent household of a father and mother," as being ideal. Feminism has conquered the culture and the political and legal arenas support this. The education system teaches the myth that fathers are unnecessary to a healthy family and the media promotes this as truth. For men to be men and raise boys to be men today is to go against all of this. A difficult task that may take generations to accomplish. I fear we have not the gravitas to do it. I hope I am wrong

How Republicans Can Find Themselves

pastordo Wrote: Nov 12, 2012 10:11 AM
Where are your figures to support that ANYTIME before Roe v Wade there were over 1 million abortions a year? That is a ridiculous and ignorant assertion. For one thing, there were no reliable figures on illegal abortions because they weren't recorded! Where did these women go who had 'no trouble' getting these illegally? And please don't give me the 'estimates' from states that were already leaning to legalizing abortion. Those were false from the start as Dr. Bernard Nathanson, former head of NARAL has admitted.

Could Ronald Reagan Get Elected Today?

pastordo Wrote: Nov 11, 2012 5:11 PM
Reagan could not get elected because he would have been beaten in the primaries by someone the GOP establishment considered "safe" and thus "moderate" like McCain or Romney. The GOP lost their courage to take a risk on an Alan Keyes or Allen West type. They were considered 'unelectable' just as Reagan would be today because the GOP now means the Gutless Old Party! However, as proven by the last two elections their handpicked and groomed 'moderates' were indeed unelectable! And don't give me the adage that West or Keyes before him (or Rubio or a slew of others) were too 'green' or inexperienced. The Dems took that chance with Barry who was extremely inexperienced and it worked!

Obama's Right; His Plan Worked

pastordo Wrote: Aug 06, 2012 1:08 PM
I'm right with you guys and Ms. Brittney. I pointed this out during the 08 campaign. I was actually routing for Hillary to get the nomination because I read her agenda as completely self-serving. She, like her husband, is a consummate politician and will go wherever the political winds blow. Obama, as I told anyone who would listen then, is a TRUE BELIEVER in the socialist/communist worldview and would follow through even if it was unpopular to do so and the polls were against it. He may or may not be getting money and support from other powerful people around the globe, but one thing is sure. Barry IS doing just what he said he WOULD DO, and will continue this path with even more gusto if re-elected.
1 - 6