NO! NO! NO! NO! He does not and should not quit! Is free speech dead in this country! Tis is totally insane! You may not have liked his comment but it is one that a lot of folks share... namely that there are women who when filing for divorce or wanting to get rid of a rotten boyfriend make up a rape claim. Now I know you all will hyperventilate but too darn bad, because it has occurred and this is what he was referring to. For crying out-loud stop being so politically correct and sensitive. In an adult world we have the right in this nation to say what we think, and sometimes even I may object but free speech is either that or it isn't.
Everyone --- everyone! -- from Mitt Romney to Ron Johnson to Barack Obama has denounced Todd Akin's unbelievable remarks about rape and pregnancy.
Some are raising the possibility that Akin should simply remove himself from the race and avoid doing more damage -- to the pro-life cause, to GOP hopes of retaking the Senate, to Missouri's hopes of replacing Obama-Claire McCaskill with a senator who represents mainstream Missouri values.
Akin SHOULD resign. There are two good candidates Akin defeated in the primary -- after McCaskill interfered in it to help secure Akin's win for this very reason....
- DNC chairwoman: What, politics influencing the president’s Keystone XL delay? Nahhh. Erika Johnsen 10 hours ago
- Oklahoma will charge homeowners who generate their own power Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago
- Modern tales of the Good Samaritan Jazz Shaw 16 hours ago
- Gosnell Movie crosses the million-dollar mark Ed Morrissey 18 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 20 hours ago
- A blessed and happy Easter Sunday to all Hot Air readers! Ed Morrissey Apr 20, 2014