First, the total cost of these policies, in billions of dollars. As it's easy to see, the extension of the Bush tax cuts do the most damage on the revenue ledger of the federal government. Total extension costs $750 billion over two years, while the Democrats' favored policy of extending all but the top rates costs $670 billion. The other major tax provision - an...
As an accompaniment to the earlier report on the Congressional Budget Office's analysis of the fiscal cliff, here are some charts to help visualize what kind of effect that the policies under discussion will have.
- Will Grimes ever give us a straight answer? Matt Vespa 42 mins ago
- Victory! Boys born as boys can shower with girls in Kentucky school Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Prosecutor: Suspect in Oklahoma beheading uttered Arabic words during attack Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Poll: Overwhelming majority of Republicans now describe themselves as “hawks” Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Another federal court strikes Obamacare subsidies on federal exchanges Gabriel Malor 3 hours ago
- Tuesday TEMS: Andrew Malcolm, Brian Barcaro, Joel Pollak Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago