The answer, of course, is that it would cut back on the medications for children. Why? Because that would be what was most likely to get the budget cuts restored. If they cut back on building statues of Benedict Arnold, people might ask why they were building statues of...
Back in my teaching days, many years ago, one of the things I liked to ask the class to consider was this: Imagine a government agency with only two tasks: (1) building statues of Benedict Arnold and (2) providing life-saving medications to children. If this agency's budget were cut, what would it do?
- The Obama admin is delaying the Keystone XL review process through the election. Yes, again. Erika Johnsen 59 minutes ago
- Rubio on immigration: I think Republicans have reached a point of “irreconcilable differences” with Obama Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Report: Energy production on federal lands is still declining Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- Maybe Democrats should be more worried about their own billionaire allies Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Boehner reassures GOP donors: I’m “hellbent” on passing immigration reform this year Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Video: Inside the leak of the Tsarnaev capture photos Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago