Armstrong's unprecedented fall from grace has precipitated...
"Unlike the real world, in which a person charged with an offense enjoys at least a fighting chance to defend themselves," I am sorry to say that even in the "real world" a person may not have a fighting chance and may no longer enjoy the idea of innocent until proven guilty. My brother is in prison for the rest of his life after being falsely accused of horrible things during a nasty divorce. We are in the beginnings of an appeal, but "justice" moves at a snails pace. No evidence was collected nor presented. We learned that this is called "negative evidence". We have also learned that our state now observes the idea that when an accusation is made it must be proven false rather than proven true, "where there's smoke there's fire".
Lance Armstrong, one of the greatest endurance athletes of modern times, who won the grueling Tour de France bicycle race a record seven consecutive times from 1995 to 2005, has been stripped of all awards and prizes he won during his storied cycling career. The reason for these harsh sanctions against Armstrong was a finding by the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) that the athlete had used illicit, performance-enhancing drugs during his cycling career. Yet, because of its status as unaccountable regulatory power, the USADA never had to prove its case against Armstrong.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014