Armstrong's unprecedented fall from grace has precipitated...
"Unlike the real world, in which a person charged with an offense enjoys at least a fighting chance to defend themselves," I am sorry to say that even in the "real world" a person may not have a fighting chance and may no longer enjoy the idea of innocent until proven guilty. My brother is in prison for the rest of his life after being falsely accused of horrible things during a nasty divorce. We are in the beginnings of an appeal, but "justice" moves at a snails pace. No evidence was collected nor presented. We learned that this is called "negative evidence". We have also learned that our state now observes the idea that when an accusation is made it must be proven false rather than proven true, "where there's smoke there's fire".
Lance Armstrong, one of the greatest endurance athletes of modern times, who won the grueling Tour de France bicycle race a record seven consecutive times from 1995 to 2005, has been stripped of all awards and prizes he won during his storied cycling career. The reason for these harsh sanctions against Armstrong was a finding by the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) that the athlete had used illicit, performance-enhancing drugs during his cycling career. Yet, because of its status as unaccountable regulatory power, the USADA never had to prove its case against Armstrong.
- IRS to give up, release all Lerner e-mails, documents Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Ukraine: Another 3 AM wake-up call going unheeded Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Welfare reform is officially on life support in NYC Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Why won’t the White House explain how off-budget ObamaCare money got spent? Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- Are bans on high capacity magazines constitutional? Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 18 hours ago