Many established beliefs about presidential politics have been proved false by Obama's reelection: 1.) The idea that, when unemployment is above 7 percent, incumbents fail; 2.) The notion that incumbent presidents who...
Oh Mona- spare us. The GOP lost because the GOP ran a campaign on being MODERATE! Hispanics hate Republicans because the media says, "The GOP is anti-immigrant." The public schools tell children, "The GOP is anti-immigrant." There is nothing anti-immigrant about a conservative. Conservatives just want immigrants to be Americans. That's the difference. People like Lindsay Graham don't see immigrants as Americans. They see them as votes. That's why liberals don't care if immigrants assimilate. They just want their vote. If they're on food stamps, handouts and Medicaid; so much the better for a vote buying politician. As for conservatives... Well we want freedom loving, liberty loving, Americans.
Even when the economy is terrible, when the incumbent Democratic president has not been able to demonstrate success on job creation or growth, and even when the standard of living for Americans is declining on his watch, the country will choose a Democrat "who cares about the problems of people like me" over the Republican. That alone is enough to make Republican heads spin for some time.
- The value in silence: disconnection and recollection Ed Morrissey 13 minutes ago
- Semi-retired president reluctantly decides now’s not the time for a Jimmy Kimmel guest shot Allahpundit 53 minutes ago
- Madeleine Albright: Hamas putting civilians in line of fire hurts Israel’s ‘moral authority’ Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- FAA orders 24-hour moratorium on US to Tel Aviv over missile worries Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Tuesday TEMS: Andrew Malcolm, Raffi Williams, Dustin Siggins, William Jacobson Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Conservatives get a big 2014 boost from ‘fatal blow’ to Obamacare Noah Rothman 2 hours ago