Many established beliefs about presidential politics have been proved false by Obama's reelection: 1.) The idea that, when unemployment is above 7 percent, incumbents fail; 2.) The notion that incumbent presidents who...
Oh Mona- spare us. The GOP lost because the GOP ran a campaign on being MODERATE! Hispanics hate Republicans because the media says, "The GOP is anti-immigrant." The public schools tell children, "The GOP is anti-immigrant." There is nothing anti-immigrant about a conservative. Conservatives just want immigrants to be Americans. That's the difference. People like Lindsay Graham don't see immigrants as Americans. They see them as votes. That's why liberals don't care if immigrants assimilate. They just want their vote. If they're on food stamps, handouts and Medicaid; so much the better for a vote buying politician. As for conservatives... Well we want freedom loving, liberty loving, Americans.
Even when the economy is terrible, when the incumbent Democratic president has not been able to demonstrate success on job creation or growth, and even when the standard of living for Americans is declining on his watch, the country will choose a Democrat "who cares about the problems of people like me" over the Republican. That alone is enough to make Republican heads spin for some time.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Scarborough: A certain network should cover Bridgegate clearing as much as allegations Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Remind me again, why isn’t Condi Rice running for president? Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Following Scotland’s lead: 25% of USA residents open to breaking away Noah Rothman 11 hours ago
- Video: Does watching NFL games make you an ‘enabler’ of domestic violence? Guy Benson 12 hours ago
- Video: Remy solves “the ISIS crisis” as only he can Allahpundit 12 hours ago