Many established beliefs about presidential politics have been proved false by Obama's reelection: 1.) The idea that, when unemployment is above 7 percent, incumbents fail; 2.) The notion that incumbent presidents who...
Oh Mona- spare us. The GOP lost because the GOP ran a campaign on being MODERATE! Hispanics hate Republicans because the media says, "The GOP is anti-immigrant." The public schools tell children, "The GOP is anti-immigrant." There is nothing anti-immigrant about a conservative. Conservatives just want immigrants to be Americans. That's the difference. People like Lindsay Graham don't see immigrants as Americans. They see them as votes. That's why liberals don't care if immigrants assimilate. They just want their vote. If they're on food stamps, handouts and Medicaid; so much the better for a vote buying politician. As for conservatives... Well we want freedom loving, liberty loving, Americans.
Even when the economy is terrible, when the incumbent Democratic president has not been able to demonstrate success on job creation or growth, and even when the standard of living for Americans is declining on his watch, the country will choose a Democrat "who cares about the problems of people like me" over the Republican. That alone is enough to make Republican heads spin for some time.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Lundergan Grimes: Iron Dome is great for keeping Hamas from tunneling into Israel Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Organizing for Action asks WaPo to recognize its work, with hilarious results Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- S.E. Cupp: It’s a myth that conservatism is hostile to atheism Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Chuck Todd: Democrats and Republicans should be embarrassed by this impeachment nonsense Guy Benson 3 hours ago
- GAO investigation: Why, yes, the Healthcare.gov disaster was the result of terrible government management Allahpundit 4 hours ago