Many established beliefs about presidential politics have been proved false by Obama's reelection: 1.) The idea that, when unemployment is above 7 percent, incumbents fail; 2.) The notion that incumbent presidents who...
Oh Mona- spare us. The GOP lost because the GOP ran a campaign on being MODERATE! Hispanics hate Republicans because the media says, "The GOP is anti-immigrant." The public schools tell children, "The GOP is anti-immigrant." There is nothing anti-immigrant about a conservative. Conservatives just want immigrants to be Americans. That's the difference. People like Lindsay Graham don't see immigrants as Americans. They see them as votes. That's why liberals don't care if immigrants assimilate. They just want their vote. If they're on food stamps, handouts and Medicaid; so much the better for a vote buying politician. As for conservatives... Well we want freedom loving, liberty loving, Americans.
Even when the economy is terrible, when the incumbent Democratic president has not been able to demonstrate success on job creation or growth, and even when the standard of living for Americans is declining on his watch, the country will choose a Democrat "who cares about the problems of people like me" over the Republican. That alone is enough to make Republican heads spin for some time.
- Tina Brown: Obama makes women feel ‘unsafe’ Noah Rothman 36 mins ago
- Are you ready for … Chelsea Manning – The musical? Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Democrats want to have it both ways on Ebola Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Feds soliciting bids for production of four million ID cards for illegal immigrants — per year Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Wendy Davis: Would Greg Abbott, who, by the way, is in an interracial marriage, defend a ban on interracial marriage? Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Painful Udall interview: “We can play this over, right? Let me re-tape this.” Guy Benson 3 hours ago