Former President Bill Clinton, who suffered significant political damage after signing into law the original assault weapons ban, is cautioning President Obama against patronizing his gun control opponents, in particular gun owners.
Appearing before Obama's National Finance Committee and various business leaders, Clinton stressed that guns present different cultural complexities than other political issues.
"Do not patronize the passionate supporters of your opponents by looking down your nose at them," he said, according to Politico.
Clinton's words are wise, but it may be too late. The Obama campaign team has already
Breaking on TOWNHALL
- Tuesday TEMS: Andrew Malcolm, Stephen Hayes Ed Morrissey 33 mins ago
- Latest ISIS beheading of an American exposes moral bankruptcy of our betters Noah Rothman 48 mins ago
- Video: Parents of fallen SEAL demand Obama resignation Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Breaking: ISIS releases new video of beheading another American journalist Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Politico sounds the alarm: Boehner may still have to listen to tea partiers after midterms Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Fox News: Obama briefed for more than a year on ISIS as serious threat Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago