Former President Bill Clinton, who suffered significant political damage after signing into law the original assault weapons ban, is cautioning President Obama against patronizing his gun control opponents, in particular gun owners.
Appearing before Obama's National Finance Committee and various business leaders, Clinton stressed that guns present different cultural complexities than other political issues.
"Do not patronize the passionate supporters of your opponents by looking down your nose at them," he said, according to Politico.
Clinton's words are wise, but it may be too late. The Obama campaign team has already
- Joe Biden 2012: Can you believe Mitt Romney wants to hit Syria? Allahpundit 11 mins ago
- Rally point: Should Obama start talking about combat forces now? Ed Morrissey 50 mins ago
- International community concerned America violating international law by striking Syria? Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Jihadi social media: Khorasan Group leader Muhsin al-Fadhli killed in U.S. airstrikes in Syria Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- NYT: On second thought, Bush did pull together a coalition on Iraq Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- U.S. had Assad’s cooperation during strikes on targets in Syria Noah Rothman 3 hours ago