Former President Bill Clinton, who suffered significant political damage after signing into law the original assault weapons ban, is cautioning President Obama against patronizing his gun control opponents, in particular gun owners.
Appearing before Obama's National Finance Committee and various business leaders, Clinton stressed that guns present different cultural complexities than other political issues.
"Do not patronize the passionate supporters of your opponents by looking down your nose at them," he said, according to Politico.
Clinton's words are wise, but it may be too late. The Obama campaign team has already
- Elite northeastern college town very worried about becoming Ferguson Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- Last straw: ObamaCare now ruining baseball Mary Katharine Ham 14 hours ago
- US reconfirms policy of not paying ransoms to terrorists for abducted Americans Ed Morrissey 15 hours ago
- Jake Tapper: Getting a conviction against Darren Wilson could be an ‘uphill battle’ Noah Rothman 15 hours ago
- NYT poll: 65% of whites, 80% of blacks say police shouldn’t have military-style weapons Allahpundit 16 hours ago