Former President Bill Clinton, who suffered significant political damage after signing into law the original assault weapons ban, is cautioning President Obama against patronizing his gun control opponents, in particular gun owners.
Appearing before Obama's National Finance Committee and various business leaders, Clinton stressed that guns present different cultural complexities than other political issues.
"Do not patronize the passionate supporters of your opponents by looking down your nose at them," he said, according to Politico.
Clinton's words are wise, but it may be too late. The Obama campaign team has already
- Paul vs. Perry, Round 2: Rand says Rick is ‘stuck in the past’ Noah Rothman 32 minutes ago
- Israel shoots down Hamas drone as escalation continues Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- Video: Nothing to see here: Obama is “Faithfully executing the laws” Jazz Shaw 14 hours ago
- Congressman Bob Goodlattte assures us that there is no impeachment in the offing Jazz Shaw 16 hours ago
- The border crisis isn’t Obama’s Katrina – it’s worse Noah Rothman 17 hours ago