Former President Bill Clinton, who suffered significant political damage after signing into law the original assault weapons ban, is cautioning President Obama against patronizing his gun control opponents, in particular gun owners.
Appearing before Obama's National Finance Committee and various business leaders, Clinton stressed that guns present different cultural complexities than other political issues.
"Do not patronize the passionate supporters of your opponents by looking down your nose at them," he said, according to Politico.
Clinton's words are wise, but it may be too late. The Obama campaign team has already
- Texas jury finds dad not guilty in mysterious shooting of drunk driver who killed his two sons Allahpundit 17 mins ago
- Unidentified senator to Kirsten Gillibrand: “Don’t lose too much weight now. I like my girls chubby.” Allahpundit 58 mins ago
- Liberal magazine cautions journalists WH playing them with shutdown fears, is ignored Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Awful: Nine-year-old girl accidentally shoots instructor with Uzi Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Poll: Walker’s lead grows with registered voters…but he trails among likely voters? Guy Benson 2 hours ago
- CBO revises estimate, warns U.S. economic growth will underwhelm in 2014 Noah Rothman 3 hours ago