Former President Bill Clinton, who suffered significant political damage after signing into law the original assault weapons ban, is cautioning President Obama against patronizing his gun control opponents, in particular gun owners.
Appearing before Obama's National Finance Committee and various business leaders, Clinton stressed that guns present different cultural complexities than other political issues.
"Do not patronize the passionate supporters of your opponents by looking down your nose at them," he said, according to Politico.
Clinton's words are wise, but it may be too late. The Obama campaign team has already
- Video: Old recording reveals GOP governor questioned policy, used salty language Ed Morrissey 58 minutes ago
- Fox poll: 61% thinks Obama lies on important matters Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Comment registration is now open! Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Video: Alabama widows kicked off of insurance because of ObamaCare Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Putin: Yeah, we had soldiers in Crimea before the plebiscite Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 13 hours ago