Former President Bill Clinton, who suffered significant political damage after signing into law the original assault weapons ban, is cautioning President Obama against patronizing his gun control opponents, in particular gun owners.
Appearing before Obama's National Finance Committee and various business leaders, Clinton stressed that guns present different cultural complexities than other political issues.
"Do not patronize the passionate supporters of your opponents by looking down your nose at them," he said, according to Politico.
Clinton's words are wise, but it may be too late. The Obama campaign team has already
- Ebola: First case coming to America Mary Katharine Ham 38 minutes ago
- Wisconsin Supreme Court upholds Gov. Scott Walker’s signature Act 10 in its entirety Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Is Romney poised for a comeback? Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Video: Baffling gun-control ad from Mike Bloomberg’s group draws inevitable response Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Democratic Senator calls for CIA director’s resignation for spying on Congress Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- “Are you a Christian?” Tucker Carlson vs. Kirsten Powers on admitting children from Central America Allahpundit 3 hours ago