After the grisly massacre in Colorado no one will attend weekend showings of The Dark Knight Rises with expectations of a rollicking, uplifting, feel-good night at the movies. But even before its association with horrifying images of real-life mass murder, this final installment in the current Batman series suffered from serious deficiencies in terms of its fun factor. It’s wrong to suggest that the movie provoked the killings in its midnight Aurora premiere, but those crimes do, in a sense, expose the nihilistic darkness at the heart of the film...
Mr. Medved is right. Nothing will stop these Mass Murders/Massacres 100%. That being said there is a way to take away the confidence of these Murderers. There is a way to take away the perception of easy targets. The one commonality in all Mass Murders/Massacres on U.S. soil over the last 50yrs, is that they all took Place in "Gun Free Zones". Take away the easy targets...take away the sense of confidence that the terrorists will be unopposed. Take away the perception that no one will shoot back and you take away the terrorists belief of an advantage. Ban All Gun Free Zones! God Bless America!
Editors' note: this column originally appeared at the Daily Beast.
- Gray Lady reporter very confused as to why Republicans don’t want the President to be attacked Jazz Shaw 35 mins ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Small California winery to close doors after being fined for using volunteers Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- NC SEN: Is the race ‘tight as a tick?’ Matt Vespa 11 hours ago
- Three words. Tetris. The movie. Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago
- Carter: If I had gone to war with Iran, I would have beaten Reagan or something Matt Vespa 12 hours ago