After the grisly massacre in Colorado no one will attend weekend showings of The Dark Knight Rises with expectations of a rollicking, uplifting, feel-good night at the movies. But even before its association with horrifying images of real-life mass murder, this final installment in the current Batman series suffered from serious deficiencies in terms of its fun factor. It’s wrong to suggest that the movie provoked the killings in its midnight Aurora premiere, but those crimes do, in a sense, expose the nihilistic darkness at the heart of the film...
Mr. Medved is right. Nothing will stop these Mass Murders/Massacres 100%. That being said there is a way to take away the confidence of these Murderers. There is a way to take away the perception of easy targets. The one commonality in all Mass Murders/Massacres on U.S. soil over the last 50yrs, is that they all took Place in "Gun Free Zones". Take away the easy targets...take away the sense of confidence that the terrorists will be unopposed. Take away the perception that no one will shoot back and you take away the terrorists belief of an advantage. Ban All Gun Free Zones! God Bless America!
Editors' note: this column originally appeared at the Daily Beast.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit 19 hours ago
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman 20 hours ago
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey 21 hours ago
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit 21 hours ago
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey 21 hours ago
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman 22 hours ago