In response to:
Everything is agreeable as written. However, you're no farther than religious faith here: "Either technology creates jobs long-term or it doesn't. I believe it does, and on that score I am an optimist (I just cannot say when it will happen)." In the past this was true. It isn't evident today. All too often the solution proffered, that training and education for hi tech, hi skill jobs is the answer, ignores the people who aren't inclined to that path for a number of reasons, some which are impregnable. The Fed can't fight robots. Economists can't fight people who won't accept their advise.
- Video: Hot Air interview with Marco Rubio on border crisis, Hobby Lobby Ed Morrissey 52 minutes ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- In Illinois and California, public servants skate in police abuse cases Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Will Utah be ground zero for nationwide gay marriage? Noah Rothman 12 hours ago
- Virginia cops hoping to bust teen for child pornography by, er, taking photos of his erect penis Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- NYT: Chelsea Clinton gets $75K per speech Ed Morrissey 13 hours ago