In response to:
Everything is agreeable as written. However, you're no farther than religious faith here: "Either technology creates jobs long-term or it doesn't. I believe it does, and on that score I am an optimist (I just cannot say when it will happen)." In the past this was true. It isn't evident today. All too often the solution proffered, that training and education for hi tech, hi skill jobs is the answer, ignores the people who aren't inclined to that path for a number of reasons, some which are impregnable. The Fed can't fight robots. Economists can't fight people who won't accept their advise.
- National Journal: Hillary resets on Russia Ed Morrissey 31 minutes ago
- US to give up control over Internet Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Flight 370 dropped to 5,000 feet to evade radar Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Crimea declares independence, applies for Russian reunion Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Erika Johnsen 14 hours ago
- Venezuela to US: You should probably come participate in a “peace commission” on all this violence you’ve caused Erika Johnsen 16 hours ago