In response to:
Everything is agreeable as written. However, you're no farther than religious faith here: "Either technology creates jobs long-term or it doesn't. I believe it does, and on that score I am an optimist (I just cannot say when it will happen)." In the past this was true. It isn't evident today. All too often the solution proffered, that training and education for hi tech, hi skill jobs is the answer, ignores the people who aren't inclined to that path for a number of reasons, some which are impregnable. The Fed can't fight robots. Economists can't fight people who won't accept their advise.
- Quotes of the day Erika Johnsen 9 hours ago
- Venezuela to US: You should probably come participate in a “peace commission” on all this violence you’ve caused Erika Johnsen 11 hours ago
- The most dangerous wedding photo evah? Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago
- Exit polls show Crimea annexation wins 93% of vote while under Russian occupation Ed Morrissey 14 hours ago
- NRLC Interview – Joe Scarborough Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago
- And your latest straw poll winner is… Jazz Shaw 17 hours ago