The Inequality Bogeyman

Pappadave Wrote: Jan 28, 2014 12:04 PM
Judging from your posts here, you didn't have much schooling even GOING to public schools. Remember, Robin Hood did NOT "steal from the rich and give to the poor." He stole from the TAX COLLECTORS and gave the poor their own money back!

You're Right to Choose This Movie

Pappadave Wrote: Jan 23, 2014 4:33 PM
Another oldie but goodie from way back in 1941. "Blossoms in the Dust" starring Greer Garson and Walter Pigeon. If you can get a copy, BUY IT and watch it.

You're Right to Choose This Movie

Pappadave Wrote: Jan 23, 2014 4:31 PM
Nonsense! I am an adoptive father. We spoke to several women living in the center where we adopted our beloved daughter long before she was born. One girl who spoke said she first went to Planned Parenthood when she discovered she was pregnant. She said they tried to pressure her into having an abortion (they make about $400 million annually in "referral fees" after all). When she insisted that she just wanted them to tell her where she could go to have the baby and place it for adoption, they showed her the door. This is a VERY personal issue with my wife, daughter and I. She's now 35 and on her own when she COULD have wound up in some abortuary's dumpster.

You're Right to Choose This Movie

Pappadave Wrote: Jan 23, 2014 4:25 PM
By the time most women realize they're pregnant, a baby is MUCH more than "a few cells."
I haven't drunk more alcohol than the equivalent of two beers since 1968. I don't use pot or any other illegal drug. I take naprosin for pain, when necessary and have to take a variety of other pills to control my heart condition. I don't smoke any more--haven't for about a year now--but I did smoke for 52 years before stopping after getting tired of burn holes in my clothes and smelling like an ashtray all the time. Some drugs do good things for you. Others are very destructive. In my opinion, marijuana IS one of the destructive ones. It's contributed mightily to the dumbing down of the American people to the point where few of our kids can pinpoint Chicago, Illinois on a map that doesn't have the state borders drawn in for them.
Problem is, there never WAS a real "war on Poverty OR on Drugs." If you are in a war, you FIGHT to win. Neither of these pseudo-wars were ever intended to be won. No leftist wants to eliminate poverty. That's where their political power comes from, after all. Neither do they want to eliminate recreational drug use...for much the same reason. Stupid people vote for Democrats and the more of them they can manufacture, the better.

Politics Versus Education

Pappadave Wrote: Jan 15, 2014 1:08 PM
You can blame this on Dr. Spock and his "spare the rod and spoil the child" edicts in the late 50's. He advocated NOT paddling the behinds of our little miscreants and, instead, giving them "time out" or other stupidity. Kids quickly learned that there weren't ANY really scary consequences for bad behavior and, as kids will invariably do, they pushed the envelope at every opportunity. THESE are the former coddled little monsters who are raising TODAY'S crop--who are even worse than their parents and even grandparents were. I behaved in school because NOTHING frightened me as much as the thought of the embarrassment I'd experience by having the board of education applied to my posterior in front of the rest of the class!
It's only clear if you understand what "well-regulated" and "militia" meant to the people who WROTE IT.
Actually, there is. The Florida State Supreme Court has RULED on this issue. Therefore, any school which ignores the Florida SSC's ruling is in violation of the law and should be prosecuted for contempt of court.
In 1791, the term "well-regulated" meant to make even, regular or functional. It did NOT mean "controlled."

The 'Trickle-Down' Lie

Pappadave Wrote: Jan 07, 2014 8:58 AM
The only LEGITIMATE theory for taxation is to raise the money necessary to fund the CONSTITUTIONAL functions of government....period....dot....end of sentence. It should NEVER be used for "social engineering" which is how the preponderance of our tax money is "used" by the government. If the bureaucracy doesn't LIKE an activity it's taxed more in an effort to discourage it. Unfortunately, the opposite is seldom true.