The libertarian NAP (Non-Aggression Principle) is your answer. If I take action that causes harm to another's person or property, the government (or, more properly, the victim's agent/representative) should properly take action against me. If, on the other hand, my actions harm no one, or harm only myself, ain't no one's business but mine. In a free society, you either reap the rewards, or suffer the consequences, of your own actions.
- Jeb Bush retools his portfolio for a 2016 run Jazz Shaw 46 mins ago
- Are we underestimating ISIS? Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Judge orders AirBnB renter to stop “profiteering” Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Merry Christmas! Ed Morrissey Dec 25, 2014
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit Dec 24, 2014
- U.S. offering $5 million reward for Al Qaeda capo … who was released from Gitmo in 2006 Allahpundit Dec 24, 2014