The libertarian NAP (Non-Aggression Principle) is your answer. If I take action that causes harm to another's person or property, the government (or, more properly, the victim's agent/representative) should properly take action against me. If, on the other hand, my actions harm no one, or harm only myself, ain't no one's business but mine. In a free society, you either reap the rewards, or suffer the consequences, of your own actions.
- NFL Thanksgiving Day open thread Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago
- Happy Thanksgiving to our readers Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit Nov 26, 2014
- DoD renames “unlawful combatants” in detainee manual to … Ed Morrissey Nov 26, 2014
- Ohio Dem seeks to legislate triple pay for retail workers on holidays Jazz Shaw Nov 26, 2014
- Should Boehner protest Obama’s amnesty order by refusing to invite him to deliver the State of the Union? Allahpundit Nov 26, 2014