Yesterday, we observed that investors have shifted their forward-looking focus in setting today's stock prices backward from the first quarter of 2013 to the fourth quarter of 2012 instead. Today, we'll explore one of the big reasons why: the looming dividend cliff. The WSJ's Jason Zweig explains (emphasis ours):
Enough about the "fiscal cliff." What about the dividend cliff?
At one second after midnight on...
- Obama administration routs scourge of ISIS pink cookies in schools Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Was the Aurora theater shooting “foreseeable” by owners? Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- US ponders military intervention in Syria as well as Iraq Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Friday night document dump: Yet another “accommodation” on HHS mandate Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- Teachers unions angry with Obama staff “sellouts” Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Elite northeastern college town very worried about becoming Ferguson Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago