The answer was yes. They explained that they had strongly supported Ronald Reagan, and then they supported George H.W. Bush because they had supported Reagan, and then supported George...
In response to:
Oh sure, you're a real Republican. You're a real Conservative. You're a Soros-paid troll sent to divide us. Buh-bye, Little Marxist.
In January 2008, at a John McCain rally in Columbia, S.C., I asked a number of local politicos to look back to the brutal 2000 Republican primary in their state, the one between McCain and George W. Bush. They had all supported Bush back then, and I asked whether, given the inconclusive wars, runaway federal spending and economic catastrophe of the next eight years, they felt they made the right choice.
- Has Obama decided to reject the Keystone XL pipeline already? Ed Morrissey 10 minutes ago
- Must see: Phoenix VA maintains “secret waiting list” while sick veterans languish and die Allahpundit 49 minutes ago
- Polls: Udall vs. Gardner in a dead heat in Colorado Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Great news: Another wave of health-plan cancellations on the way? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Are you ready for Bush/Paul 2016? Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Surprise: Hoboken Mayor produces additional “journal entries” in Christie saga Guy Benson 3 hours ago