We're at seven hours and counting already, with the Kentucky Senator betraying no signs of slowing down. His has utterly dominated Twitter all afternoon. An irritated, hapless Harry Reid stopped by to try to put an end to the soliloquy over an hour ago, but Paul objected, so on it goes. In case you were curious, the longest filibuster in history was conducted by Sen. Strom Thurmond of South Carolina. He spoke for 24 hours and 18 minutes straight against a civil rights bill, which eventually passed the Senate with unanimous Republican support (Democrats were split). As Kevin...
In response to:
Wow, you missed that? Read much? Jeez, I'll repeat it for the children in the audience: Marx: "From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs." Obama: "Spread the wealth around." These statements, MJ, are equal in meaning. Therefore, Obama is a Marxist (as if his intense training at the feet of people like proud Marxist Frank Marshall wasn't enough). MJ, come back when you're up for debate, 'kay? This is like slapping around a child, and unlike all the Democrats populating prisons, I'm just not into that kind of thing.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Twitter blocks petition supporting Houston pastors Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Breaking: New White House fence-jumper taken down by K9s, apprehended Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Debbie Wasserman Schultz: Barack who? Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- What election? Network news gives up on covering midterms Noah Rothman 6 hours ago
- Could Oregon’s First Lady sink the Governor next month? Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago