We're at seven hours and counting already, with the Kentucky Senator betraying no signs of slowing down. His has utterly dominated Twitter all afternoon. An irritated, hapless Harry Reid stopped by to try to put an end to the soliloquy over an hour ago, but Paul objected, so on it goes. In case you were curious, the longest filibuster in history was conducted by Sen. Strom Thurmond of South Carolina. He spoke for 24 hours and 18 minutes straight against a civil rights bill, which eventually passed the Senate with unanimous Republican support (Democrats were split). As Kevin...
In response to:
Wow, you missed that? Read much? Jeez, I'll repeat it for the children in the audience: Marx: "From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs." Obama: "Spread the wealth around." These statements, MJ, are equal in meaning. Therefore, Obama is a Marxist (as if his intense training at the feet of people like proud Marxist Frank Marshall wasn't enough). MJ, come back when you're up for debate, 'kay? This is like slapping around a child, and unlike all the Democrats populating prisons, I'm just not into that kind of thing.
- Gosnell Movie crosses the million-dollar mark Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- A blessed and happy Easter Sunday to all Hot Air readers! Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 15 hours ago
- Advice to campaigning Democrats: Maybe avoid mentioning the term economic “recovery” Erika Johnsen 17 hours ago
- Western states debate retaking control of federal lands Jazz Shaw 19 hours ago