I have never (and never will) understand any woman who denigrates another because of her choice to be a stay-at-home mom. I wish women who proclaim to be all about women's rights would get the point that they should be supporting ALL women, not just the ones who think as they do.
Yes, yes, we know that the President is working hard to consolidate support among female voters -- but Obama adviser Hilary Rosen's remarks about Ann Romney "never work[ing] a day in her life" are cynical, shameful, appalling, divisive and above all . . . ignorant. They constitute the newest iteration of the long-running, ugly and gratuitous left-wing attack on women who have made the very important choice to stay home in order to raise their children themselves.
Perhaps the most insulting implication of Rosen's remarks (from which she shows no sign of retreating)...
- Quote of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Big Labor: ObamaCare is making income inequality worse, you know Erika Johnsen 5 hours ago
- Reading 2.0: There’s an app for that Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- China draws its own “red line” …on North Korea Erika Johnsen 8 hours ago
- IRS to give up, release all Lerner e-mails, documents Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago
- Ukraine: Another 3 AM wake-up call going unheeded Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago