Former General Colin Powell is a good American and an honorable soldier, but his habitual sucking up to the political Left has become as predictable as it is irksome. To play armchair psychologist for a moment, I suspect Powell sensed he'd been stripped of his untouchable bipartisan status when he made the Bush administration's case for the Iraq war at the UN Security Council; he's been obsequiously seeking penance ever since. Liberals' hatred of that war was largely an outgrowth of their enduring contempt for the Commander-in-Chief leading that effort (many on the Left are suddenly cool with American...
In response to:
I think Gen Powell is overrated. He is an "affirmative action" general and is impaired by the Peter Principal. He has forfeited his right to call himself a republican by joining the left wing race baiters.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Media Matters not super-keen on SEIU unionizing its employees Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- Video: How removing one regulation created hundreds of jobs in Mississippi Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- The EPA confirms: GHG emissions are down, largely thanks to… Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- CBO: Uhm, about Obama’s FY2015 budget proposal… it’s way more expensive than the White House claimed Erika Johnsen 4 hours ago
- Jay Carney: The toughest interview Obama had in 2012 was with … Jon Stewart Allahpundit 4 hours ago