He believes in a more modest United States -- remember those bows -- because he comes from an intellectual tradition that is hostile to American power. His pastor and mentor, the Rev. Jeremiah Wright, expressed a common leftist view...
Here’s a scenario: Middle Eastern terrorists hijack a U.S. jetliner bound for Italy. A two-week drama ensues in which the plane’s occupants are split into groups and held hostage in secret locations in Lebanon and Syria. While this drama is unfolding, another group of terrorists detonates a bomb in the luggage hold of a 747 over the North Atlantic, killing more than 300 people. Not long afterward, terrorists kill 19 people and wound more than a hundred others in coordinated attacks at European airport ticket counters. -- If it happened when Obama was President, Mona Charen would go ballastic. But those things happened in REAL LIFE when semi-God (aka Ronald Reagan) was president. I hear crickets from Mona Charen!
President Obama's weakness in foreign policy is a contributor to the events of the last several days in the Middle East. Though he gave the order to take out bin Laden (who wouldn't?), and though he attacks suspected terrorists with drones, this president has nevertheless conveyed to the world that he believes in a diminished world role for the United States.
- Holder running out the clock on Fast & Furious? Ed Morrissey 30 mins ago
- Surge: Walker regains the lead in Wisconsin Guy Benson 1 hour ago
- Gallup: Americans trust in the media matches historic low Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Obama’s administration at war with itself over ISIS strategy Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Video: Biggest insurer in MN pulling out of state exchange Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- House passes bill authorizing Obama to train Syria’s “moderate” rebels, with most Republicans voting yes Allahpundit 3 hours ago