How about giving up "crusades", period? The only "crusade" we really need isn't from government or other do-gooders. It was started 2,000 years ago in Jerusalem...
In President Barack Obama's 2012 State of the Union address, he said that "higher education can't be a luxury. It is an economic imperative that every family in America should be able to afford." Such talk makes for political points, but there's no evidence that a college education is an economic imperative. A good part of our higher education problem, explaining its spiraling cost, is that a large percentage of students currently attending college are ill-equipped and incapable of doing real college work. They shouldn't be there wasting their own resources and those of their families and taxpayers. Let's look at...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Ebola: First case coming to America Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Wisconsin Supreme Court upholds Gov. Scott Walker’s signature Act 10 in its entirety Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Is Romney poised for a comeback? Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Video: Baffling gun-control ad from Mike Bloomberg’s group draws inevitable response Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Democratic Senator calls for CIA director’s resignation for spying on Congress Noah Rothman 9 hours ago