How about giving up "crusades", period? The only "crusade" we really need isn't from government or other do-gooders. It was started 2,000 years ago in Jerusalem...
In President Barack Obama's 2012 State of the Union address, he said that "higher education can't be a luxury. It is an economic imperative that every family in America should be able to afford." Such talk makes for political points, but there's no evidence that a college education is an economic imperative. A good part of our higher education problem, explaining its spiraling cost, is that a large percentage of students currently attending college are ill-equipped and incapable of doing real college work. They shouldn't be there wasting their own resources and those of their families and taxpayers. Let's look at...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Video: Nothing to see here: Obama is “Faithfully executing the laws” Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago
- Congressman Bob Goodlattte assures us that there is no impeachment in the offing Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago
- The border crisis isn’t Obama’s Katrina – it’s worse Noah Rothman 12 hours ago
- Uh oh: Moscow claims Ukraine attack inside Russian territory killed civilians Noah Rothman 14 hours ago
- The Lerner Files: “smidgens upon smidgens” of corruption Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago