In response to:
Iraq Marine vet, and I know how Mr. Luttrell feels. I don't think all that time and effort were in vain unless the country p**** away the undeniable gains made by our troops. Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, as it were. I think we're about ready to do that in Iraq. I was almost physically ill when I saw that Fallujah and most of Ramadi were back in Al-Quaida hands this past weekend. I mean, at least the country isn't physically spitting on modern vets, but it feels like it when we win the war and then lose the peace (Iraq), or when we're only half committed to begin with (Afghanistan). Don't unsheath your sword unless you're willing to go all the way. For my part, I'll be very hesitant when I have my kids or advise someone who's thinking about going into the military whether they should do it at all with the way the military's being treated, the way we fight wars, and the current social experiments they're making military members endure. I don't know if this is the same U.S. that me and my friends fought for, or if we've been too 'fundamentally transformed'...
- Snowden: I asked Putin that softball question on surveillance to start a public debate in Russia Allahpundit 59 minutes ago
- The Obama admin is delaying the Keystone XL review process through the election. Yes, again. Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Rubio on immigration: I think Republicans have reached a point of “irreconcilable differences” with Obama Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Report: Energy production on federal lands is still declining Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- Maybe Democrats should be more worried about their own billionaire allies Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Boehner reassures GOP donors: I’m “hellbent” on passing immigration reform this year Allahpundit 5 hours ago