Still Kicking Around Nixon

p18 Wrote: Aug 06, 2014 4:21 AM
Meet the god formerly known as liberalism, aka progressivism, more accurately known as regress. Even the godless tend to gravitate towards something larger than themselves.

Texas Shows the Way on Abortion

p18 Wrote: Aug 05, 2014 5:59 AM
Yup, we throw roadblocks in the way of adult murder too, but some people manage to get around them anyways because they're just so darned determined. And yet, I'll go with the "roadblocks" strategy anyways- I believe you would call them "laws."

Texas Shows the Way on Abortion

p18 Wrote: Aug 04, 2014 12:01 PM
Ironically, 100% of abortion supporters are able to do so because their mothers chose life.

Finding Joy Amid World’s Chaos

p18 Wrote: Aug 04, 2014 11:59 AM
In regards to Flattus, et al below: Just one question: if we all go to oblivion when we die, then "what difference does it make" how we live? The efforts of a Hitler or a Mother Theresa amount to the same thing, so why not live however you want? But that's probably the question at the heart of the matter. What if belief in God is more reasonable than belief in nothing? (After you set the mockery aside, and look at the evidence dispassionately it is). Then, the God of the Bible becomes a very uncomfortable proposition, because He is intimately interested in the lives of His creation. And that would mean we can't do whatever we want, to whoever we want whenever we want, without consequence. Seems to me that's what's really at the heart of the matter, and intellectual sophistry and mockery is really a smokescreen. Many don't WANT God to be real.
Sorry, I shouldn't unintentionally slight the ladies- any good mama bear would give her life for her cub; not throw her baby at an attacker as a distraction. So really, cowards are cowards whether they hide 24/7 behind armed security or fire rockets at civilian populations from kindergartens.
Oh, and to those who think it's so unfair that the IDF uses tanks and jets against, cough "fighters" with RPGs and scant real training is SO unfair, a real man STILL wouldn't hide behind women and children, even when the odds are stacked against him.
Yeah, because real men, when someone is attacking them, use their wives and three year olds as human shields. Pretty sure if someone broke into my house, the brave thing to do would be to confront the attacker myself, and keep my wife and kids as far away from the fighting as possible. By the bye, my house is much smaller than Gaza, although Mrs. Clinton's houses may not be.

Are the Hamptons the Next Sanctuary City?

p18 Wrote: Jul 29, 2014 9:17 AM
BTW, my wife and I work at a group home in TX as house parents, and have sponsored children and supported other charitable organizations for years. I won't say how much we make, but let's just say I hope we're storing up treasure in heaven, because it's not a quick road to wealth down here. And to all those who do give of their time and treasure to help those who can't help themselves, a sincere and giant thank you! I firmly believe that that cup of cold water in His name doesn't ever go to waste.

Are the Hamptons the Next Sanctuary City?

p18 Wrote: Jul 29, 2014 9:11 AM
Bravo, governor and townhall/Ms. Hughes for reporting this. I think it could be a viable strategy to push back against the leftist narrative that conservatives are mean, heartless jerks who just "don't love children!" i.e, "don't want another, likely worthless government solution to all mankind's problems." Time for them to prove, by how they live, how compassionate they are. Let's start asking for 'receipts' for PERSONAL time and money donated to help real INDIVIDUALS, not government programs to lobby others to do the work these, liberal Americans just won't do. And if they do donate money or time ask what percentage of said resources was actually donated. Some of them have plenty of both and $5,000 to them would be like putting a buck in the plate at church for you and me. Time to start going on offense, not in a harsh or shrill manner that drives people away, but one that wins hearts and mindsa, ala Reagan. The truth, in love, is the greatest weapon we have.
Thanks, you beak, I mean you bet! (Darn human-designed keyboards! Where's the ADA when you need it- except I'm not disabled, just waiting for the rest of the human world to catch up).