Most movies, like most TV shows, are of no longer of any interest to me. Most are poorly written and apparently aimed at twelve year olds. Shoddy bathroom/bedroom behavior dominates most scripts. Then there's the fact that I've never been able to separate the actor's personal life from the role he or she was playing. I think I first realized that when the married Liz Taylor was boinking the married Richard Burton during the filming of Cleopatra. I could never separate their personal lives from their subsequent roles or really enjoy any of their films after that.
One of the biggest problems that conservatives have in this country is that we're far too willing to support people who mock, despise and hate us. They tell the world we're awful people and then we turn right around and put money in their pockets and help them become bigger stars. Meanwhile, conservative celebrities are afraid to support Republican candidates or speak up for conservatism because they know the Left will unleash a tsunami of hysteria on them. In other words, there may be a lot more conservatives than there are liberals, but celebrities can get away with criticizing us,...
- Obama aims to keep Democrats happy while he coasts to 2016 Noah Rothman 32 minutes ago
- WaPo: Is “the bear” loose … or is it an ostrich? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Federal judge to IRS: Explain these “lost” e-mails, please … under oath Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Video: Losing Andrea Mitchell Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Boehner: Obama lawsuit will focus on Obamacare enforcement Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago