Most movies, like most TV shows, are of no longer of any interest to me. Most are poorly written and apparently aimed at twelve year olds. Shoddy bathroom/bedroom behavior dominates most scripts. Then there's the fact that I've never been able to separate the actor's personal life from the role he or she was playing. I think I first realized that when the married Liz Taylor was boinking the married Richard Burton during the filming of Cleopatra. I could never separate their personal lives from their subsequent roles or really enjoy any of their films after that.
One of the biggest problems that conservatives have in this country is that we're far too willing to support people who mock, despise and hate us. They tell the world we're awful people and then we turn right around and put money in their pockets and help them become bigger stars. Meanwhile, conservative celebrities are afraid to support Republican candidates or speak up for conservatism because they know the Left will unleash a tsunami of hysteria on them. In other words, there may be a lot more conservatives than there are liberals, but celebrities can get away with criticizing us,...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Scarborough: A certain network should cover Bridgegate clearing as much as allegations Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Remind me again, why isn’t Condi Rice running for president? Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Following Scotland’s lead: 25% of USA residents open to breaking away Noah Rothman 12 hours ago
- Video: Does watching NFL games make you an ‘enabler’ of domestic violence? Guy Benson 12 hours ago
- Video: Remy solves “the ISIS crisis” as only he can Allahpundit 13 hours ago