Those who talk glibly about redistribution often act as if people are just inert objects that can be placed here and there, like pieces on a chess board, to carry out some grand design. But if human beings have their own responses to government policies,...
Loyal Democrat that is by far the most short sighted, simplistic and ignorant post I have seen in a long time. Why not do the same thing when people retire? Take the last year they worked and "make" them pay the same tax for the rest of their lives? If they don't pay call them cheats and throw them in prison until they die. Sound like something from the guys you worship, Stalin, Lenin, Mao. People will pay or they will flee. Once you have taken everything they have or will ever have there is no need for prison just send them to work camps and starve them to death as they toil at labor far below their potential. The money you get from them is current wealth (their savings) they will produce no future wealth. You kill the goose.
The recently discovered tape on which Barack Obama said back in 1998 that he believes in redistribution is not really news. He said the same thing to Joe the Plumber four years ago. But the surfacing of this tape may serve a useful purpose if it gets people to thinking about what the consequences of redistribution are.
- The Lerner Files: “smidgens upon smidgens” of corruption Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Afghan interpreters who aided US in danger of being left behind Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 13:1–23 Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- ICE has the chance to catch Jose Antonio Vargas RIGHT NOW Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 17 hours ago