The Democratic National Committee, with the approval of President Lyndon B. Johnson engaged in an effort that eventually led to the U.S. Supreme Court ruling on the Fairness Doctrine. What would have been a major scandal had it been discovered, was revealed years later in former CBS News president Fred Friendly’s book “The Good Guys, the Bad Guys...
In response to:
An attack on freedom of speech by the left is not the least bit surprising. 1) Obama White House attempt to ban Fox as member of press corp. 2) Shrill efforts to ban conservative talk radio 3) Air America's abysmal failure to compete without suppression of competition. 4) Obama White House collusion with Media Matters. 5) Leftist journalist coordinating attack on Romney. 6) Leftist networks failure to cover "good news" coming from conservative and the right. 7) Leftist networks failure to cover "bad news" coming from the liberals and the left. Leftist, liberal and progressive "news organizations" longer even pretend to be journalists or refute claims that the are lap dogs for the White House.
(The following is the third of three excerpts from The Right Frequency: The Story of the Talk Radio Giants Who Shook Up the Political and Media Establishment, by Fred Lucas; History Publishing Company. The adapted excerpt looks at the Fairness Doctrine.)
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Video: How does the president’s tone help solve the problem? Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago
- Obama’s law professor: There’s a “very high risk” that a federal court is going to gut ObamaCare Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- This is CNN: White gay man and black woman argue over who is ‘stealing’ the other’s culture Noah Rothman 13 hours ago
- Palin makes the case for impeaching Obama Allahpundit 14 hours ago
- Video: Megyn Kelly vs. Nancy Pelosi on the Hobby Lobby ruling Allahpundit 15 hours ago