The Democratic National Committee, with the approval of President Lyndon B. Johnson engaged in an effort that eventually led to the U.S. Supreme Court ruling on the Fairness Doctrine. What would have been a major scandal had it been discovered, was revealed years later in former CBS News president Fred Friendly’s book “The Good Guys, the Bad Guys...
In response to:
An attack on freedom of speech by the left is not the least bit surprising. 1) Obama White House attempt to ban Fox as member of press corp. 2) Shrill efforts to ban conservative talk radio 3) Air America's abysmal failure to compete without suppression of competition. 4) Obama White House collusion with Media Matters. 5) Leftist journalist coordinating attack on Romney. 6) Leftist networks failure to cover "good news" coming from conservative and the right. 7) Leftist networks failure to cover "bad news" coming from the liberals and the left. Leftist, liberal and progressive "news organizations" longer even pretend to be journalists or refute claims that the are lap dogs for the White House.
(The following is the third of three excerpts from The Right Frequency: The Story of the Talk Radio Giants Who Shook Up the Political and Media Establishment, by Fred Lucas; History Publishing Company. The adapted excerpt looks at the Fairness Doctrine.)
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014