It's opening night at the Democratic National Convention, where liberals will try to convince Americans that President Obama deserves an eight-year presidency. It's a tough sell. Tonight's prime time proceedings will include such luminaries as Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel, actor Kal Penn, and HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius. The 10-11pm ET hour features Maryland Gov. Martin "Better Off?" O'Malley, San Antonio Mayor Julian Castro (whose thin record takes a back seat to the media's glowing "Hispanic Obama" comparisons), and First Lady Michelle Obama. Our running Twitter coverage is below -- and as always, feel free to add...
The Democratic speeches were grand slams and a huge contrast to the boring junk at the dreary and depressing and dark Republican convention....
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- EPA exonerates Christie administration in obscure bridge-related offense someone made up Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- California energy companies are getting the heck outta’ dodge and moving to Texas Erika Johnsen 11 hours ago
- CNN poll: 58% oppose abortion in most or all cases Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago
- Video: Rand Paul’s very libertarian speech at CPAC Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- RNC Chairman talks tactics, the GOP’s technological gap, and how the March for Life “was a little bit of a wake-up call” Dustin Siggins 14 hours ago