Former President Bill Clinton, who suffered significant political damage after signing into law the original assault weapons ban, is cautioning President Obama against patronizing his gun control opponents, in particular gun owners.
Appearing before Obama's National Finance Committee and various business leaders, Clinton stressed that guns present different cultural complexities than other political issues.
"Do not patronize the passionate supporters of your opponents by looking down your nose at them," he said, according to Politico.
Clinton's words are wise, but it may be too late. The Obama campaign team has already
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Sigh: Busch Gardens removes disembodied heads from Halloween display Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Holder running out the clock on Fast & Furious? Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago
- Surge: Walker regains the lead in Wisconsin Guy Benson 9 hours ago
- Gallup: Americans trust in the media matches historic low Noah Rothman 10 hours ago
- Obama’s administration at war with itself over ISIS strategy Noah Rothman 10 hours ago