Former President Bill Clinton, who suffered significant political damage after signing into law the original assault weapons ban, is cautioning President Obama against patronizing his gun control opponents, in particular gun owners.
Appearing before Obama's National Finance Committee and various business leaders, Clinton stressed that guns present different cultural complexities than other political issues.
"Do not patronize the passionate supporters of your opponents by looking down your nose at them," he said, according to Politico.
Clinton's words are wise, but it may be too late. The Obama campaign team has already
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Former loathsome nanny-state mayor confuses blogger with second awesome move this summer Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Video: Army Medal of Honor recipient breaks gavel at New York Stock Exchange Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- Senate analysis: What does “success” look like for the GOP in 2014? Guy Benson 3 hours ago
- Could a Republican president gut ObamaCare without action from Congress or the Supreme Court? Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Rubio: Immigration reform won’t happen for another 10 years unless border security comes first Allahpundit 4 hours ago