Former President Bill Clinton, who suffered significant political damage after signing into law the original assault weapons ban, is cautioning President Obama against patronizing his gun control opponents, in particular gun owners.
Appearing before Obama's National Finance Committee and various business leaders, Clinton stressed that guns present different cultural complexities than other political issues.
"Do not patronize the passionate supporters of your opponents by looking down your nose at them," he said, according to Politico.
Clinton's words are wise, but it may be too late. The Obama campaign team has already
- Adrian Peterson: “I am, without a doubt, not a child abuser.” Jazz Shaw 52 mins ago
- Video: Florida mom arrested, charged with child neglect for letting her seven-year-old have a sip of whiskey Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Officer in Daniele Watts handcuff incident was responding to a call Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Friendly reminder: Republicans could absolutely fail to win the Senate Guy Benson 2 hours ago
- Question for new “View” co-host Nicolle Wallace: When did you just want to pop Palin? Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Bad news from Pelosi: Republicans winning the Senate would be the end of civilization Allahpundit 4 hours ago