The White House is promoting the extension of the Bush Tax Cuts for the middle class (which should really be called the Obama-Bush Tax cuts, since Obama extended them in 2010) as exactly that, tax cuts. But the truth is, an extension of the tax cuts wouldn't be a cut at all, but would keep tax rates at the current rate. The Obama admnistration is implying on the official WhiteHouse.gov website that a tax cut is coming for the middle class when in reality if a deal is made by January 1, middle class families won't see a tax...
In response to:
Illuminati Wrote: 1 hour ago (1:03 PM) Go check the federal budget you could eliminate all of the unearned "entitlement" program and it would not put a significant dent in the budget. Did you think to consider the amount of tax revenue that would be generated by all those people being forced to enter the workplace? Even if they all only got minimum-wage jobs, that's a huge boost to the economy! And I DO think they'd rather work than starve, don't you?
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Last straw: ObamaCare now ruining baseball Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- US reconfirms policy of not paying ransoms to terrorists for abducted Americans Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago
- Jake Tapper: Getting a conviction against Darren Wilson could be an ‘uphill battle’ Noah Rothman 9 hours ago
- NYT poll: 65% of whites, 80% of blacks say police shouldn’t have military-style weapons Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- In effort to shield Obama from criticism on ISIS, White House makes everything worse Noah Rothman 10 hours ago