A well-placed Republican source tells Townhall that Oscar-winning director and actor Clint Eastwood will travel to Tampa, Florida to attend Mitt Romney's nominating convention this week. As the news media scrambles to identify the so-called "mystery speaker" scheduled to address GOP delegates on Thursday evening, some have speculated that the iconic Hollywood figure could fit the bill. Our source -- who spoke on the condition of anonymity -- could not confirm if Eastwood is, in fact, the intriguing "to-be-announced" speaker, but stated unequivocally that the Dirty Harry star will arrive in Florida late on Wednesday or early on...
BadRabbit Wrote: 1 hour ago (11:27 AM) "Jesus suggested that you not take the risk but hey, who listens to Jesus anymore?" No, what Jesus was saying, if you take His words in context, was "Don't envy the rich man, he has his own difficulties. It's easier for you to get into Heaven because you must rely on God every day for your daily bread. A rich man can easily fall into the trap that he gained all his wealth on his own without God's help. This is a deadly trap that can lure him back to worldly things. So, do not seek after worldly wealth, but seek to store up treasures in Heaven." Pretty simple stuff, especially considering the people he was addressing. Perhaps not simple enough for YOU, but if need be, I can use words of a...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Obama: The world’s always been messy, but now social media is amplifying it Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Video: Hot Air exclusive interview with Gov. Rick Perry Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: Hey, maybe Daryl’s gay Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Report: ISIS eyeing Mexican border to infiltrate America and execute terrorist attacks Noah Rothman 6 hours ago
- Should Kirsten Gillibrand name the senator who told her “I like my girls chubby”? Allahpundit 7 hours ago