A well-placed Republican source tells Townhall that Oscar-winning director and actor Clint Eastwood will travel to Tampa, Florida to attend Mitt Romney's nominating convention this week. As the news media scrambles to identify the so-called "mystery speaker" scheduled to address GOP delegates on Thursday evening, some have speculated that the iconic Hollywood figure could fit the bill. Our source -- who spoke on the condition of anonymity -- could not confirm if Eastwood is, in fact, the intriguing "to-be-announced" speaker, but stated unequivocally that the Dirty Harry star will arrive in Florida late on Wednesday or early on...
BadRabbit Wrote: 1 hour ago (11:27 AM) "Jesus suggested that you not take the risk but hey, who listens to Jesus anymore?" No, what Jesus was saying, if you take His words in context, was "Don't envy the rich man, he has his own difficulties. It's easier for you to get into Heaven because you must rely on God every day for your daily bread. A rich man can easily fall into the trap that he gained all his wealth on his own without God's help. This is a deadly trap that can lure him back to worldly things. So, do not seek after worldly wealth, but seek to store up treasures in Heaven." Pretty simple stuff, especially considering the people he was addressing. Perhaps not simple enough for YOU, but if need be, I can use words of a...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- EPA exonerates Christie administration in obscure bridge-related offense someone made up Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- California energy companies are getting the heck outta’ dodge and moving to Texas Erika Johnsen 4 hours ago
- CNN poll: 58% oppose abortion in most or all cases Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- Video: Rand Paul’s very libertarian speech at CPAC Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- RNC Chairman talks tactics, the GOP’s technological gap, and how the March for Life “was a little bit of a wake-up call” Dustin Siggins 7 hours ago