I'm in the camp that believes Republicans have no choice but to agree to raise taxes on the top 2 percent of earners. The party has been successfully caricatured as the servant of the rich. This is unjust, yes, but justice is imperfect in this life. It's political suicide for Republicans to stand fast on maintaining current rates for high earners even at the cost of raising taxes for everyone else. Imagine if we went over the fiscal cliff. In January, Obama would call upon Congress to pass a law restoring the tax rates for 98 percent of filers. What could...
NO, caving in will only make things worse in the long run and probably not any better even for a while for our Republic or for Republicans.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Video: The solution to the campus sexual assault crisis Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago
- Obama’s ISIS Tap Dance Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago
- Rumor du jour: House GOP working on “punishment” for votes against Boehner as Speaker Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago
- Ukraine, rebels agree on buffer zone, withdrawal of foreign troops and “mercenaries” Ed Morrissey 14 hours ago
- Could Louisiana elect an 87 year old Democrat felon to Congress? Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago