I'm in the camp that believes Republicans have no choice but to agree to raise taxes on the top 2 percent of earners. The party has been successfully caricatured as the servant of the rich. This is unjust, yes, but justice is imperfect in this life. It's political suicide for Republicans to stand fast on maintaining current rates for high earners even at the cost of raising taxes for everyone else. Imagine if we went over the fiscal cliff. In January, Obama would call upon Congress to pass a law restoring the tax rates for 98 percent of filers. What could...
NO, caving in will only make things worse in the long run and probably not any better even for a while for our Republic or for Republicans.
- Eric Cantor gives up, will resign from Congress early Noah Rothman 39 minutes ago
- 72-Hour ceasefire in Gaza lasted just 90 minutes Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Ebola: First case coming to America Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Wisconsin Supreme Court upholds Gov. Scott Walker’s signature Act 10 in its entirety Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago
- Is Romney poised for a comeback? Allahpundit 13 hours ago