It should come as no surprise that the rate of mass shootings at schools and in other public places is increasing. The surge has nothing to do with guns, which have been widely available in the U.S. for years. Gun control laws have been increasing. Instead, there is a direct correlation between the increase in violence and the gradual degradation of morals, ethics and parenting. We are cultivating mental illness in our society.
In response to:
One does not need a reason to have guns. The Constitution REQUIRES that citizens have the ability to keep and carry firearms. On the other hand, the Constitution does not require that citizens have the ability to possess automobiles, which kill more people every year than firearms. As to why have them, perhaps if someone had a gun in Connecticut, then fewer children would have died. Following your logic, police should be disarmed also, as well as bodyguards etc because, after all, according to you, possession of a firearm does NOT prevent unlawful violence .
- Quote of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Big Labor: ObamaCare is making income inequality worse, you know Erika Johnsen 6 hours ago
- Reading 2.0: There’s an app for that Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago
- China draws its own “red line” …on North Korea Erika Johnsen 9 hours ago
- IRS to give up, release all Lerner e-mails, documents Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago
- Ukraine: Another 3 AM wake-up call going unheeded Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago