It should come as no surprise that the rate of mass shootings at schools and in other public places is increasing. The surge has nothing to do with guns, which have been widely available in the U.S. for years. Gun control laws have been increasing. Instead, there is a direct correlation between the increase in violence and the gradual degradation of morals, ethics and parenting. We are cultivating mental illness in our society.
In response to:
One does not need a reason to have guns. The Constitution REQUIRES that citizens have the ability to keep and carry firearms. On the other hand, the Constitution does not require that citizens have the ability to possess automobiles, which kill more people every year than firearms. As to why have them, perhaps if someone had a gun in Connecticut, then fewer children would have died. Following your logic, police should be disarmed also, as well as bodyguards etc because, after all, according to you, possession of a firearm does NOT prevent unlawful violence .
- The value in silence: disconnection and recollection Ed Morrissey 13 minutes ago
- Semi-retired president reluctantly decides now’s not the time for a Jimmy Kimmel guest shot Allahpundit 53 minutes ago
- Madeleine Albright: Hamas putting civilians in line of fire hurts Israel’s ‘moral authority’ Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- FAA orders 24-hour moratorium on US to Tel Aviv over missile worries Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Tuesday TEMS: Andrew Malcolm, Raffi Williams, Dustin Siggins, William Jacobson Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Conservatives get a big 2014 boost from ‘fatal blow’ to Obamacare Noah Rothman 2 hours ago