It should come as no surprise that the rate of mass shootings at schools and in other public places is increasing. The surge has nothing to do with guns, which have been widely available in the U.S. for years. Gun control laws have been increasing. Instead, there is a direct correlation between the increase in violence and the gradual degradation of morals, ethics and parenting. We are cultivating mental illness in our society.
In response to:
One does not need a reason to have guns. The Constitution REQUIRES that citizens have the ability to keep and carry firearms. On the other hand, the Constitution does not require that citizens have the ability to possess automobiles, which kill more people every year than firearms. As to why have them, perhaps if someone had a gun in Connecticut, then fewer children would have died. Following your logic, police should be disarmed also, as well as bodyguards etc because, after all, according to you, possession of a firearm does NOT prevent unlawful violence .
- Video: Baltimore schools spend stimulus dollars on … makeovers? Ed Morrissey 18 minutes ago
- Lerner signed IRS cover letters to conservative groups demanding intrusive tax-exemption info — after she learned what was going on Allahpundit 59 minutes ago
- Assad regime to attend Geneva talks, says Russia Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Did Eric Holder lie in Congressional testimony last week? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- State Dept spokeswoman protecting “my building leadership” joins their ranks Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Video: Why has Cindy Thomas not been called to testify on IRS corruption? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago